possible scam and why is Ebay allowing it

I purchase a simple item. Lucky it was cheap.

But checking the shipment, it's arrived in my country for over a month and still not delivered.

So I did some googling.

REMOVED has being branded as a scam.

Ebay seems to be implicit in allowing that scam to go ahead by not calling out sellers using REMOVED as a delivery.

No kidding, I have ordered other items from China before the item and I've already received it. In good nick.

So Im giving this community ago to see what other buyer experience had being.

I have given <Removed> time to respond to my query and got nothing back.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think the difference here is between scam and poor service.

I see a scam as deliberately dodgy, setting out to cheat you, whereas quite legitimate companies can get panned in reviews for poor or incompetent service.

I did a very quick look up of sunyou and noticed it has a 2 out of 5 star rating, which is pretty low.

I think ebay does try to step in and delete ads that are real scams but I can't see it doing that for sellers who are using legal postage & tracking methods.

If the tracking is showing that the item has arrived in Australia, then it sounds as if it is on its way, just slow.

But I understand your point, you have paid for an item that has not arrived and you've read the reviews and you know that you're not the only person unhappy with this post tracking service.

There are 2 things you can now do.

1. If the estimated arrival date for your item has come and gone, you can open an item not received claim with ebay. The seller will not be able to provide proof that the item has been delivered because it hasn't. You should get a full refund. Don't leave it too long though as I think you only get 30 days after estimated arrival date to lodge a claim with ebay. That is the easiest solution. If the item is well overdue it may be deemed lost in the post.

2. Any future purchases, check out the delivery method, it's usually mentioned in the ads, and go from there. But the bottom line is always if an item doesn't arrive and you paid eg via paypal, you can open an ebay claim.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

So are you complaining about a seller or a delivery service?

Do you realise that there are significant postage delays due to COVID-19?

Why would you note that items ordered before this item were delivered before this item? That would be expected, surely?

Do you understand the board rules, which, inter alia, prohibit posts that identify other members?

Is 'my country' Australia? An odd term to use.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I think the difference here is between scam and poor service.

I see a scam as deliberately dodgy, setting out to cheat you, whereas quite legitimate companies can get panned in reviews for poor or incompetent service.

I did a very quick look up of sunyou and noticed it has a 2 out of 5 star rating, which is pretty low.

I think ebay does try to step in and delete ads that are real scams but I can't see it doing that for sellers who are using legal postage & tracking methods.

If the tracking is showing that the item has arrived in Australia, then it sounds as if it is on its way, just slow.

But I understand your point, you have paid for an item that has not arrived and you've read the reviews and you know that you're not the only person unhappy with this post tracking service.

There are 2 things you can now do.

1. If the estimated arrival date for your item has come and gone, you can open an item not received claim with ebay. The seller will not be able to provide proof that the item has been delivered because it hasn't. You should get a full refund. Don't leave it too long though as I think you only get 30 days after estimated arrival date to lodge a claim with ebay. That is the easiest solution. If the item is well overdue it may be deemed lost in the post.

2. Any future purchases, check out the delivery method, it's usually mentioned in the ads, and go from there. But the bottom line is always if an item doesn't arrive and you paid eg via paypal, you can open an ebay claim.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Not a good idea to put derogatory messages on here about other sellers.

To slam another seller like that won't help your cause or get you any help from sellers and others who answer queries and questions. 

You should remove your mess asap. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Do you really thinkTippy would still be on ebay if she was really doing what you say she is doing?

You really need to give it a rest or you will be booted off the boards permanently.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@gypsyharlot wrote:

i dunno, look at users like *tippy*toes* and what they brag about getting away with and scamming on their own real accounts. i would no longer use this service until she's removed, which sucks cos i spend about $400 a week on luxuries, 14kt gold, designer goods, etc. and ebay would have been my go to over covid, but she was the final straw of scammers on here.

Buy whatever you like harlot, because you sure has heck won't be buying from me. Probably won't be buying from a lot of people here either.

As for your defamatory comments, people have ended up in court for doing that. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I see this was a reply to me but I was puzzled and had to scroll back to check the posts.

I thought the opening post was a complaint about a postal delivery service rather than any individual seller as such. It was saying ebay should not let sellers use the service.

I try to be alert to scams, I guess we all do. I usually read posts about scams with interest. I've been on the boards a while and I am sure I would have noticed if tippy or anyone else went about bragging about scamming customers. I've never seen her make any posts like that at all and in fact she hadn't even been in this thread when you made the post so I have no idea why you dragged her into it.

The real bottom line is honestly, do you think real scammers would come on here and tell you about their scams? No, they would be the last people to come on a messageboard. They would wish to keep a low profile and fly under any radars. You might not always agree with what another boardie says but I'd be pretty sure none of the regulars on here are scammers, it is probably the opposite. I'd say they are more likely to be regular sellers just trying to help others or learn more about how ebay works. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@gypsyharlot

Give it a rest with the slander.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

It might be a good thing that she stops using the site because of me. That would give me an intense amount of satisfaction. Almost chest puffing, that I could have so much influence on one person. Why would any seller want to sell to her anyway with that attitude? If she does leave because of me, I'm sure eBay will close down because of it. Then I'll have that to add to my success stories in life. 

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply