possible scammer

I've come across a seller that I believe is a scam artist. He has listed 13 Core i5 3750K CPUs. He has a 100% feedback score all from 19 purchases made on 11 August,2014. I checked a number of these & discovered they were basically '**bleep**' for 99c to $1.20. In the listings he has posted, the descriptions appear that he is in the UK, yet the item location is Glebe, NSW. How do I report him/her to authorities ? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

possible scammer

On each listing just above the item number there's a Report item link.

Select the appropriate options and hope that eBay takes action.

report.PNG

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

possible scammer

possible scammer

Sad to see these very obvious FRAUDULENT istings still haven't been removed even though they've been reported to ebay repeatedly.

I wonder how many of the buyers will never return to ebay.

Shame ebay shame.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

possible scammer

Yeah, I passed on the information to Paypal. They seemed very interested,,  they were the ones that would lose out so I assume they have hand balled it to the cyber crime squad. I'm just glad the scammer didn't insist on payment by direct deposit,,,  then the buyers would've been burned big time !! As it is now he'll probably get arrested,,,LOL !!! I assume eBay didn't remove the listing to allow the authorities ample time to track down this scumbag. I'd like to know the outcome,,, 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

possible scammer

I wonder what this scammer's motives are? His/her devious scheme was sorta well planned,, created false account in July,,, purchased 19 sensless, cheapo items in August to bump his feedback score to 100%,,, I rang PayPal last week, filled them in,, I assume they got onto the Feds. I noticed that 'winners' have been leaving negative feedback, obviously aware of this treachery. I hope eBay takes note,, maybe informing new members of possible scams,,, 'always check the seller's background/history'. I'd really like to know how this ends up.  

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

possible scammer

"As it is now he'll probably get arrested,,,LOL !!I

I assume eBay didn't remove the listing to allow the authorities ample time to track down this scumbag"

It's just one of the numerous Chinese Scammers who  list non existent items on this site - nothing will happen to him.

Even though the Scammer now has 8 negative feedback at the time of posting this, there are 21 current listings  and STILL none of the current or completed listings  have been removed.

An absolute disgrace ebay !

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply