postage increases from items in Asian countries

Hi,

Im not complaining, just trying to understand the postage increases. Pleae keep in mind I have a brain tumor along with other chronic illnessses and im struggling a lot. wit hta lot of things. The brain tumor   makes comprehending things difficult, please be nice as Ive found people on here to be not so nice unfortunately.

Any idea how long before tpostage goes back to normal?  I ask because I am on disability payments and I cant afford to pay  that uch for things, but I would be willing to wait  for postage to go back to a few dollars say for example if it was  temporary thing ?

hopefully the pic loads so you can see the example 

Cheers

Deb

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt that I am going to be labelled "not so nice" for what I am about to say but really your health issues have nothing to do with your buying on ebay.

Many members have issues....financial, health etc but we don't let it affect our interactions with others including ebay sellers.

The question you are really asking is how long the world is going to be battling the Coronavirus Pandemic.

If responders on the ebay boards had any way of knowing the answer we would not be wasting our time here.

I have not found any glaring examples of higher postage prices from Chinese sellers......my recent purchases were still free post.  Your photo tells us nothing without another example of the same item at a much lower postage cost....we also do not know what Postal Service is being used....express postage will be a lot highter than standard.

If you are not happy with postage prices on a listing then do not buy.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I was sending internationally with DHL - when the impact on flight travel started to happen, it was not long before services to certain countries were cancelled, and  multiple surcharges were introduced on packages to countries where I could still send things.

One was because the AUD fell so low (I watched it freefall all the way to 56c before it started to bounce back a little, though I heard it went even lower briefly) that discrepancy had to be covered, and the other was because significantly reduced flight availability + increased demand for cargo space meant higher costs to get things on planes.

Australia Post has also suspended all economy (untracked) services - I suspect this is primarily to reduce the demand for cargo space as well as to ensure the flights taking cargo are cost-effective. 

All of which I mention because I doubt we are unique here - cheap services are mostly out or at least being discouraged, and for many the higher-priced tracked services are subject to continually changing costs. 

Things will only start going back to normal when people all over the world can travel freely again. I think things will settle down and level out a bit sooner than that (since I doubt the above would occur without a fully functional, safe vaccine, and if that's even possible, it'll be around 18 months before that will even start to come into play), but these factors will be affecting postage services and their costs for a good while yet, IMHO. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thankyou that helps me to understand, bety much appreciated 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply