postage quotes

alice579
Community Member

why does ebay continue to put postage prices in that are always under the actual postage price, i am a pensioner and one item i have sold was quoted $8.00 below actual price ,the item sold for 440, WITH EBAYS COMM. AND A LOSS OF $8 THERE ISNOT MUCH LEFT, THE BUYER HASN,T HAD THE DECENCY TO REPLY TO MY EMAILS, I AM GOING TO REFUND HIS MONEY REGARDLESS OF NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, i loose an average of $3.00 on every sale, because of ebays costings, i add to my decriptions for the buyer to contact me for costs which most seem to ignore

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

postage quotes

Hello Alice.

I think that those "eBay costings" are actually from Australia Post.

Is it possible for you to make use of the flat rate products offered by Click and Send?

They have satchels up to 500g and 3kg (with size restrictions to what will fiot into the satchel) as well as 3 different sized boxes. Bx1, Bx2 and Bx4.

These provide a flat rate postage to anywhere in Australia.

Unfortunately, you cannot cancel the transaction by either mutual agreement or legal channels, otherwise you will be in breach of contract. It is not enough to simply refund unless your customer agrees or if the contract is recinded.

In all honestly, the buyer really doesn't have any obligation to reply to your emails, especially if you are requesting more money after the contract has been formed.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

postage quotes

Are you using calculated postage? It's generally accurate if the package (not item) dimensions and weight are used. If you find it's consistently underquoting actual costs, you may want to try putting in a slightly higher weight and refunding any overcharge, which will create a much better buyer experience than not honouring the sales. 

The alternative, if your postage will vary according to destination and you don't want to rely on calculated, is to use the flat rate table option. You will need to research the postage options yourself, and then you can enter flat rate postage costs for up to 15 different Australian locations.

The bottom line is, this is something you can have some control and responsibility over, so it would be a shame if you didn't take said control or responsibility and the buyer(s) suffered because of it.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply