problem seller

Hi, I purchased a jacket for my dog that turned out to be faulty.

After contacting and explaining the problem with the seller, they offered a refund which I accepted.

2 weeks later I contacted the seller to let them know I still had not received a refund, they claimed they authorised refund on 13th June.

Paypal said they were not notified of such a refund taking place.

I contacted seller again, they issued refund.

Problem is that they have now put on eBay that I have not paid.

How can I fix this please?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

problem seller

The seller does not do this.

Once a refund is issued the transaction just goes back to being not paid.

It is the eBay system and you just need to ignore it.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

When you get a full refund it will show that you haven't paid. It's OK, the seller can't hit you for payment and no one will chase you for payment. The seller can't open a non payment dispute. The system knows it was a refund and it would be showing on the sellers end that it was refunded. Just archive the transaction if you've finished with it. If not, it will drop into archive itself after 60 days from sale.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

i think every first time refunded buyer has this same experience.

i know i did.

why ebay can't just change the 'system' to show the item was refunded and not put an 'unpaid item' warning in your records is beyond me.

very poor by ebay, but then the list of poor things ebay has in its system is quite large.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

problem seller

The seller does not do this.

Once a refund is issued the transaction just goes back to being not paid.

It is the eBay system and you just need to ignore it.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

When you get a full refund it will show that you haven't paid. It's OK, the seller can't hit you for payment and no one will chase you for payment. The seller can't open a non payment dispute. The system knows it was a refund and it would be showing on the sellers end that it was refunded. Just archive the transaction if you've finished with it. If not, it will drop into archive itself after 60 days from sale.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

i know i did.

why ebay can't just change the 'system' to show the item was refunded and not put an 'unpaid item' warning in your records is beyond me.

very poor by ebay, but then the list of poor things ebay has in its system is quite large.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

@davidc4430 wrote:

i know i did.

Large?

It would crash their servers if they tried to post it.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

problem seller

Thank you for the info. All sorted ๐Ÿ˜€
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply