"BNWT"

The other day I left neutral feedback for a pair of mens' short I bought online, here at Ebay.   I paid $45.00 plus postage which was the 'buy now' price.  That seemed reasonable since that's about the going price for similar "BNWT" CR shorts on Ebay.

The seller has just contacted me, most politely, to point out that although she did wash them, they had never been worn and so she listed them "BNWT".

In all fairness, aside from the slight wash wear, they are in very good condition.  Was i incorrect to leave neutral feedback?  

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: "BNWT"

In my opinion if it has been washed it is not brand new either with or without tags. I have listed brand new items that I have washed, perhaps because of shop soiling or my lousy aim with my coffee mug, but then I always list them as pre owned and say in the description that they have been washed but are still in excellent condition.

Once an item has been washed it is impossible to tell if it has not been worn or it has been worn a lot.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: "BNWT"

Yes, I agree.

I recently bought a cleaning glove which was listed as pre owned, but when I read the description, it said it had never been used as such,  but had been handed round at demos.

That seller didn't list it as new but as in excellent condition.

Knowing all the relevant facts, I was really happy with my purchase.

Good will is so important. If a buyer feels they have been tricked a little bit with a purchase-maybe everything has been honest as far as it goes but it doesn't go far enough-it can make them feel a bit annoyed.

As in this case.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply