"Free postage"

When I limit searches to those products that offer free postage or "click and collect" it brings up items that offer "free postage" on orders over a certain amount. That is false advertising. Also, they do not offer "click and collect" either.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"Free postage"

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Not everyone can offer click and collect......the large stores like Dick Smith and Bing Lee do but the click and collect at Woolworths/Big W is limited to buyers in Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania at present.  Also only selected sellers can offer it.....the sellers need to fit ebay's criteria.

What is false advertising if there are some restrictions?   There are still plenty of sellers who offer free postage with no conditions.  Is it really so difficult to read the listings?

If you are looking for the cheapest item overall set your search as Price + Postage Lowest first......you will get free post items and cheap items with postage added but overall you will still get your item at the cheapest price.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Not everyone can offer click and collect......the large stores like Dick Smith and Bing Lee do but the click and collect at Woolworths/Big W is limited to buyers in Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania at present.  Also only selected sellers can offer it.....the sellers need to fit ebay's criteria.

What is false advertising if there are some restrictions?   There are still plenty of sellers who offer free postage with no conditions.  Is it really so difficult to read the listings?

If you are looking for the cheapest item overall set your search as Price + Postage Lowest first......you will get free post items and cheap items with postage added but overall you will still get your item at the cheapest price.

I think the Woollies/Big W thing may have expanded because I noticed the other day that I can now collect from Big W. I'm not in Sydney, Melbourne or Tassie. Mind you, where they showed my Big W on the map is nowhere near it! They had it over the other side of town. I still wouldn't use that feature at the moment though. I need to look into it further as to whether item is considered delivered once it reaches Big W. What happens if Big W then loses it?

I'm a small seller and don't have the option to offer the Click and Collect option.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

Hmmmm good point about when ebay consider it delivered.  I recently purchased an item and picked it up from Woolies.  It was very convenient because of the hours such stores are open.  It's a buyer-convenience option.  However, as it is with using Australia Post, in the end, if the buyer has a not so good experience for whatever reason ........ a defect can await through feedback and 3 or less stars.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

I asked this question a week or so ago when they were trying to get me to register to accept Click and Collect (still have no idea why they require sellers to register for it, or why they put so many restrictions on eligibility). The CS rep who called me maintained that as per the original blurb that came out when they launched it earlier this year, eBay consider the item delivered when it reaches the store (which is the delivery address).  If the tracking shows it got there, the seller has fulfilled their responsibility and it is then up to the buyer.  If they fail to collect within the timeframe stipulated in their notification SMS, they can not claim INR against the seller.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I think the Woollies/Big W thing may have expanded because I noticed the other day that I can now collect from Big W. I'm not in Sydney, Melbourne or Tassie. Mind you, where they showed my Big W on the map is nowhere near it! They had it over the other side of town. I still wouldn't use that feature at the moment though. I need to look into it further as to whether item is considered delivered once it reaches Big W. What happens if Big W then loses it?

I'm a small seller and don't have the option to offer the Click and Collect option.

Tippy, I was just going by what it is saying in the Help section.   Even Melbourne delivery is new to me.  It is only a few weeks ago that they only mentioned Sydney and Tasmania.

I am wondering if the extended Woolworths/Big W delivery areas has anything to do with the recent promotion.

I took advantage of it but the items are not due for pickup till today at the earliest...so far no email to tell me to collect them.

I must admit to being a bit worried.....a member was on the boards when the system first started....his parcel was supposedly rady for collection but Woolworths could not find it.  I never did hear the outcome of that thread,.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

I thought it was still only very limited areas too. Now you mention a recent promotion, that jogged my memory of how I found out (I was trying to remember why I would have checked when it's not a feature I plan to use any time soon). Even though I had no intention of using the promotion, I still stuck my post code in, just to see what happened, and it showed my local Big W. There was no mention of Woollies though, even though they are basically across the road from each other.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

"Free postage"

There are more BigW stores accepting the parcels than Woolworths...I checked when the system first started and there were a few questions on the boards.

My nearest delivery point is BigW and the nearest Woolworths is next door....go figure.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply