report illegal use of personal photo

My personal photos are being used by Chinese seller and I have asked them to remove them. 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

If they don't remove it report the item from the listing.

There is a specific category for this.

I suggest you watermark your pics.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/pictures.html

image host
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I suggest that you use the report item link! this can be found on the description box on the right side. Just click on the link and follow the instructions on the next page. 

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Could be a problem.   That seller has watermarked those photos as his own.

I can't see your original photo, so who will ebay believe?

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You certainly bought enough of these suits that were the wrong size.

I am more inclined to think that you bought your suits from the Chinese seller.....I very much doubt that a seller as big as that would be using ONE photo taken by someone else.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

marijordan@tpa.ebay.com wrote:

I suggest that you use the report item link! this can be found on the description box on the right side. Just click on the link and follow the instructions on the next page. 

marijordan, the things I'd really like to ask are:

How do you get away with having what appears to be an email address as your eBay ID?  

AND

How is it that you get to have the word "eBay" as part of your ID as I thought that was not permitted?  

AND

Do you work for eBay?  I don't ask this like other members normally do of regular posters, I ask because I recall some years back that when an eBay employee posted what we referred to as a "pink" post they normally had "eBay.com" in their ID and their posts were coloured pink.  Also, I looked at your ID history and you changed your ID twice on the same day and I was under the impression you could only do that once per 30 days.

AND

If you are an eBay employee, why didn't you follow eBay policy and identify yourself as an employee and post as part of your reply words like "I am posting as an individual and any views/comment/opinions are my own and do not represent that of eBay

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/everyone-employee.html

Quote from that page: "When eBay employees submit community content as members, not as employees, they need to identify themselves as eBay employees and state that the content reflects their personal views and isn't written on behalf of eBay"

AND (just for fun)

Is your real name dave? (this is an Australian Boards running joke - you do not have to answer this)

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

They are also registered in USA and previous id's are partially hidden.

Very strange indeed 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

i'm ok i'm wearing my foil hat

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Quick.....to the kitchen......you might need more than the hat.....

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

I think I've figured it out.

Ebay sign in has been troublesome for a couple of days.

People are ending up on the wrong sites.

Ebay employees interact with the posters on the US boards, give advice etc,

that sort of thing.

Must be what's happened slr  -  marijordan has found themselves here and didn't know

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply