restricted account

Hi   my account was restricted 5 weeks ago  i have contacted ebay heaps of times  i was hacked a few yrs ago in which they listed buisness on my account   ebay  new this but couldnt take it off      now they are asking for bank details payslips ect   do i have to do this i am only a (buyer)    ebay know this as they only have to look at what i do   please help thank you

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

restricted account

We are ordinary members here, not eBay staff. We can give advice, but we cannot help with changes to your account.

If you need practical help with your account and need to talk to eBay, go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears (during normal business hours). It is probably better if you ask for a supervisor straightaway.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

i was asking if any one had to give this information  to ebay re payslips ect   

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

I am only a buyer and never had to do anything like that, but I was never hacked either. Maybe the requests you receive are automatic because (as you say) eBay could not remove the business term from your account. If you have already contacted them, I don't know why they are not helping you, but maybe they are not able to (just as they were not able to remove the business term). It might only be red tape, but even if they know your account was hacked, it is still a business account for them because apparently they can't change it, and as such you have to provide the info they request.

How have you contacted them?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

contacted them several times  and rang them    the info they are  asking for  i want give as it has personal info on it    when i was hacked  ebay new the hacker had got into my account   and changed it    i am just upset as i just want my account back   the only way they will give it it back if i provide the information  have been with ebay 17yrs 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

Start another account with a different email address.

Normally, I understand that if an account is suspended, you cannot open a second account to get around the suspension, but if it is just restricted, you might be able to. It is not illegal to have many different ebay accounts, so could be worth trying, especially since you're only a buyer.

It does seem to be linked to the hack as only sellers have to provide identifying information and sign up to the new managed payments system, not buyers.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

I was thinking exactly the same, but didn't know the rules for restricted accounts. I don't think eBay would be against it, particularly considering they are aware of the OP's situation and just can't remove the business restrictions. But so many people come here and say they have no idea why their totally new account has been suspended and eBay won't tell them why - you never know how their system works.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

I cannot edit my reply any more...

OK, I looked it up:

Not Allowed

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

Good to know, thanks @papermoon.

I was hoping the OP could find a way around this situation if not fully suspended, but it seems not.

OP might have to provide the documentation required in order to get the account back in order.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

restricted account

Yes….  but  I’m wondering if the restriction is simply due to not updating the bank and payslip details.  

The OP hasn’t suggested the restrictions are due to eBay buying and selling violations. I think it’s due to these reasons   That it wouldn’t be allowed.

I suggest, delete this current account. Get rid of it. I know, I know, you’re 17yrs attached to it, but it’s not entirely yours anymore after the hack and the changes that have occurred.

Create a new account, new email, new password. Just use it for buying, as suggested.

If you wish to sell, in the future, then you definitely would need to provide your details.  

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply