returns Parcel Point or Aust Post drop off

So i want to return an item & the seller has agreed via msg, i booked it into a Parcel Point place as per ebay instructions but i booked the wrong place thats too far away soI want to change it. I did drop into a newsagents nearby that is a parcel point & asked if they could do it but she said no because i hadn't booked it in, i don't know why she couldn't just do it there & then.

I did ask ebay help chat but they were rather useless, didn't seem to know anything about Parcel Point even.

It also says on ebay returns i can take it to Australia Post but doesn't specify if can just take it to any outlet or if they have the return already in their system etc. The other issue is i do not have a printer, so can i get them to print out the label for me, either Aust Post of Parcel Point?

apologies if this has been answered before, i have not used the discussion boards for quite some time & not since the redesign so finding it harder to see if it has been.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you still have the parcel I would ask the seller to provide his physical address and to provide a return sticker. You could get it printed at a copy outlet or a friend could do it.

I am not up to date with the parcel point thing at all, but seems an awful lot of room for error, I would prefer a physical address for the seller.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

thanks, i already have the physical address as its on the label they emailed me to print out. But its prepaid, whereas if i send it direct to the seller i will have to pay the postage.

Although i don't necessarily think its fair they get stuck with it since i didn't ask for all the measurements for the clothing (sending back as it doesn't fit). I suppose i could just send it back direct as this other thing is just too much hassle.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

*bump* this is not getting anywhere, latest from ebay chat help is if i want to change parcel point booking location i have to get onto PP, but PP outlets can't print the label for me (well not officially anyway, only if they want to be nice & helpful, but no guarantees they have the right equipment i suppose).

Pretty sure an Aust Post outlet would print one for me, but ebay couldn't tell me how i return it to them with the label, if i need to book or just take it in for the postage to be free, anyone know please??

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Send it back at your cost to the physical address you have - forget the label.

As it is a change of mind I don't think the seller should be stuck with return postage, just make sure you use tracking so you can prove it was sent if you do not receive your refund.

Or alternatively if it is not a large amount of money maybe keep the item and gift it to someone

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

thanks i understand what you're saying, probably would be easier to return it to seller directly via aust post. But the issue is not whether i should pay or not, its that Ebay are making misleading statements about the return process,  which has also been more difficult than it needs to be.

I got onto chat again who confirmed that if i return it through Aust Post i have to pay for it upfront myself. The wording on the returns page for the item says 'Get a FREE return postage label from ParcelPoint or Australia Post, or use your preferred carrier.'

This is not really correct as its only free POSTAGE if i use Parcel Point, so its a free label only if i use Aust Post, not one with return postage paid already which that statement makes it sound like.

I am going to contact ebay & let them know its misleading, might be a waste of time but at least i've said my piece. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

*sigh* well i was going to contact Ebay about it, but the only option i can find is 'chat to us' rather than they used to have an 'email us' option, or have i missed something?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

1. An AP postage label has to be paid for before it becomes available, so you are wrong.

2. As you quoted, you get ONE bite of the cherry. You, by your own admission, chose Parcel Point and chose the wrong Parcel Point. Hardly eBay's or the seller's fault.

3. Bite the bullet and pay for return postage. You have provided evidence that you have been provided a pre-paid return label. Use it or lose it.

Or -

4. Close the case, keep the item and resell it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

'1. An AP postage label has to be paid for before it becomes available, so you are wrong.' would you like to tell me where that was made clear?? i quoted exactly what it says under the return details, at the top it says 'Get a FREE return postage label from ParcelPoint or Australia Post, or use your preferred carrier.' (yes they even put free in capital letters, can send you a screen shot if you really want proof)  And yet ebay themselves have told me in chat that the Aust Post return labels are not postage paid (free), unless you're also telling me they are wrong about that?

i never said it was the sellers fault, yes i stuffed up but it has not been easy process to find out the information i wanted about changing the drop off location. Or whether aust post return would actually be free, the previous chat person did not know.  As i've pointed out, going by the above misinformation i had assumed i could take it to a post office with a label that is PREPAID postage, as in FREE.

all the Parcel Point return places are further away from me than my local post office, hence that is also not convenient. So in fact it is partly Ebay's fault that the whole process is harder than it needs to be.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply