search results - listings delayed

In recent weeks I've noticed issues with the search results I'm getting. I tend to search late in the night (around 10pm). The results I am getting show the most recently listed items at about 6am that day. Yet if I search again the next day, there were many more listings added between 6am and when I searched at 10pm. This happens using my "followed searches" - not sure if it happens if I search the same parameters independant of my "followed searches" (because I have too many search parameters to be bothered going through them all manually every time). Anyone else having this problem? What could the answer be?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

cq_tech
Community Member
It usually takes several hours between when a seller uploads their listings and when they're actually displayed in search results. Don't worry too much, as it's perfectly normal with eBay and has been annoying the hell out of sellers for as long as I can remember.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for that. I am used to some listings taking a while to become visible. I should have added in my original post that this problem only occurs on a couple of my particular followed searches. And it's only recently that I've had this problem with those few searches.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay's site is so full of bugs and glitches that you'd probably go mad if you worried about every minor problem that cropped up. To be honest, I've never come across a place like this before and it's worse now than at any other time in the 9 years that I've been a member.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply