seller got my negative feedback removed by lying to eBay

seongf
Community Member

I won this gift card http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Apple-iTunes-Gift-Certificate-/321925612259?ssPageName=ADME:X::AU:1123 I paid for it as soon as I won it. I waited a few days and recieved an email saying I got a refund and got told the seller lost the gift card.

A week later, I saw another auction from the seller for the SAME gift card. I left negative feedback explaining what happened.

He got my feedback removed by lying to eBay, he sent me an email saying apple gave him a refund and he resold the gift card but we all know he just didn't like how much he sold it for.

So what can I do?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

seongf
Community Member

Never mind, I just phoned eBay. I wish I could delete posts here.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

seongf
Community Member

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

What was the outcome of the phone call? Did they give you an answer as to why they removed it?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@seongf wrote:

you can try reporting your Opening Post and ask the moderators to remove the thread.  That night work.

The screengrab below shows the report link

report.JPG

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi,

After a long process I got my feedback put back in but was told it could be removed once the seller provided evidence of what he claimed to me. I thought it was very strange someone from eBay just believed the seller without any evidence in the first place.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply