seller has sent me an offer which includes postage but got error message saying"seller cannot post

seller has sent me an offer which includes postage Germany to Australia, i tried to accept offer but got error message saying"seller cannot post to your location"

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

seller has sent me an offer which includes postage but got error message saying"seller cannot post

Advise the seller of the issue, and ask them to activate shipping to Australia for the listing in question, and / or add your user name to their buyer exemption list - they may need to send an invoice to confirm the postage amount for shipping to Aus after the sale has successfully gone through).

Link to info about buyer requirements, which includes a link to access the exemption list, in case the seller needs assistance with that - this is the Aus page, though there is probably a counterpart on eBay.de

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Nothing to do with eBay.

German postal system does not allow postage to Australia due to Covid-19.

I am still waiting on an item to be sent 4 months on from Germany.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Nothing to do with eBay.

German postal system does not allow postage to Australia due to Covid-19.

I am still waiting on an item to be sent 4 months on from Germany.

Send your seller (assuming it's a purchase) this link:

https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html#australien

Copy / Paste:

Australia:
At this time, transport capacities to Australia are substantially reduced. As such, special measures are required to maintain the shipping of letters and parcels.

Letter mail items weighing up to 500 g and with a maximum thickness of 2 cm (i.e., documents sent as individual letter mail, kilo-rate mail, etc.) can still be sent.
Warenpost and Pรคckchen products are no longer available for shipment to Australia until further notice
Private customers: Until further notice, the only option available for sending parcels to Australia will be via the Premium service.
Business customers/contract customers: DHL Paket International items can still be sent until further notice. Please note that an international crisis surcharge of EUR 3.60 per kilogram (or part thereof) will be applied to each parcel.
The restrictions also apply to shipments to Tasmania and Lord Howe Island.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Australia:
Shipments containing goods to Australia (i.e. DHL Paket International, Pรคckchen International and Warenpost International) can no longer be accepted due to problems with transport, customs clearance and / or delivery in the destination area until further notice

Australien:
Versande mit Wareninhalten nach Australien (d.h. DHL Paket International, Pรคckchen International und Warenpost International) kรถnnen aufgrund von Problemen bei Transport, Verzollung und/oder Zustellung im Zielgebiet bis auf weiteres nicht mehr angenommen werden.
image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:
Australia:
Shipments containing goods to Australia (i.e. DHL Paket International, Pรคckchen International and Warenpost International) can no longer be accepted due to problems with transport, customs clearance and / or delivery in the destination area until further notice

Australien:
Versande mit Wareninhalten nach Australien (d.h. DHL Paket International, Pรคckchen International und Warenpost International) kรถnnen aufgrund von Problemen bei Transport, Verzollung und/oder Zustellung im Zielgebiet bis auf weiteres nicht mehr angenommen werden.

That says the same thing my post does, except for the bit about still being able to send parcels to Australia via the premium service.

Fair enough if whoever is sending your package can't use that, but postage services to Aus are still available (see also this post which confirms it via asking someone in Germany to check with the post office over there).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Clarifying posting from Germany to Australia through DHL, for the benefit of anyone reading this thread:

Versand weitgehend mรถglich, ggf. stehen fรผr diese Destination nicht alle Produkte zur Verfรผgung oder es gibt Einschrรคnkungen in bestimmten Regionen.

(ggf = gegebenfalls, which translates to "as applicable" or words to that effect. In the above, it ends up meaning "it may be that [etc.]".

By and large, shipping is possible; it may be that not all products are available for this destination or that there are restrictions in certain regions.

Deutsche Post (DHL) go on to say - as both digital*ghost and kopenhagen mention:

Die Transportkapazitรคten nach Australien sind aktuell erheblich reduziert, so dass der Versand von Briefen und Paketen nur unter besonderen MaรŸnahmen aufrechterhalten werden kann.

Der Versand von Briefsendungen mit einem Gewicht bis zu 500 g und einer maximalen Dicke von 2 cm (d.h. Dokumentenversand รผber Brief Einzeltarif, Brief zum Kilotarif usw.) ist weiterhin mรถglich
Der Versand von Warenpost- und Pรคckchen-Sendungen nach Australien wird bis auf Weiteres nicht angeboten
Fรผr Privatkunden: Fรผr den Paketversand nach Australien steht bis auf Weiteres nur noch der Versand von Paketen in Verbindung mit dem Service Premium zur Verfรผgung
Fรผr Geschรคftskunden/Vertragskunden: Der Versand von DHL Paket International-Sendungen ist bis auf Weiteres mรถglich. Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir fรผr jedes Paket einen Krisenzuschlag international in Hรถhe von 3,60 EUR pro angefangenem Kilogramm erheben.

Die Einschrรคnkungen betreffen auch Sendungen nach Tasmanien und die Lord-Howe-Insel.

As digital*ghost says, it boils down to:

• Letters up to 500g with maximum thickness of 2 cm can be sent using single rate letter (Brief Einzeltarif), kilo rate letter (Brief zum Kilotarif), and so on;
  • For private customers, parcels can only be send via Premium service (Service Premium);
  • For business/contract customers, DHL international parcels can still be sent (DHL Paket International-Sendungen), with an international crisis surcharge of โ‚ฌ3.60 per kg for each parcel.

Because of the added costs and the uncertainty, I imagine quite a few German sellers would be chary about sending to Australia at this time. Australian buyers would have to fork up the surcharge if the seller is a contract customer, or the extra cost for Premium if the seller is a private customer. For items that can be sent as letters, it should be fine.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply