seller is telling although not happy it would cost me more then item thirty aust dollars to return

fairs32
Community Member

Hi I received panties  material pads 2x pkts of 5,  they neither suite nor fit,

Seller is offering  $5 credit for a Aust $30 outlay

I would except larger pads as replacement, 

having been told it will cost more than pad costs too send back

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

seller is telling although not happy it would cost me more then item thirty aust dollars to return

what is the item number?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Is the seller located/registered overseas?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@fairs32 wrote:

they neither suite nor fit,

What you would actually be entitled to depends on what the reason for this is - did the seller send the wrong size or were they otherwise described incorrectly? Or, does the size etc match the description but just not right for you? 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sizes can be quite deceptive, as I have noticed that they vary with brands, so it would be great if sellers could accompany them with measurements, although this might not be possible if the package is sealed.

They are even more deceptive with items from China, as I have seen quite a few people complain in fb that the items were far smaller than expected.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I am getting a feeling that this may be an overseas purchase because you said 'For a Aust $30 outlay'.

You specified it was in Australian dollars, which wouldn't normally be the case for a domestic purchase.

But regardless, what you need to ask yourself is what digital ghost already outlined. Do these pads fit the description/Are they what was in the ad? Are they the size as marked in the ad, did you get the right quantity etc?

The important thing to realise is that just because you buy something and it does not fit or doesn't suit you, it does not automatically entitle you to a refund or exchange-not in real stores and not in ebay, not unless the store specifically allows it with eg a 30 day no questions asked exchange.

You also have the problem that if you are talking about underwear, there may be legal limitations on what can be returned or exchanged.

Normally, you are only entitled to a refund or exchange if an item is faulty or not fit for purpose. It is sounding though as if your purchase may be more a change of mind return.

If this is the case, you'd probably be better off to just accept the $5 credit because if the items themselves are fine and as advertised, the seller is under no obligation to send out larger pads for nothing. If you want larger ones, it sounds as if you'd be better off just taking the credit and buying a pack of the bigger ones as you'd be less out of pocket.

If on the other hand, the items are not as advertised in some way, you can open an item not as described claim with ebay. You may need to supply some photos to show any faults. A seller in Australia would then have to supply a return postage label so you wouldn't be out of pocket and with an overseas seller, ebay may not force you to return it, I don't know for sure.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you purchased using paypal you maybe eligible for a refund for the return postage costs through PayPal check with your paypal if you lodge a dispute if you are eligible. There is a certain way it needs to be posted if PayPal will provide a refund. I’ve given up purchasing from any overseas sellers, just not worth the grief something always goes wrong. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply