seller posts to my country or not?

I am trying to get something that me and my mother really need. The item is located in the United States and the seller includes a list of countries that he/she posts to (including Australia). Yet eBay does not let me pay for the item as it states "To pay using PayPal, direct debit or credit card, you must live in the same country as the seller." I tried sending it to my US postbox that forwards all US mail to my Australian address, but my payment gets rejected. Did anyone have this issue?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can you post the item number here so someone can have a look at the listing?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Actually, I think in response the COVID the USA (and other countries) have placed export bans on some categories of products. Could it be due to something like that?

I've noticed recently with some items I've browsed on another large online marketplace that there are those that can normally be shipped to Australia from the USA, that display a similar message to what you're seeing with your eBay item, and are currently forbidden to be sent here.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

> "Can you post the item number here so someone can have a look at the listing? "

Item number is 132622770362

Click "See Details" under Postage, and you will see that Australia is the 14th country on the list. So the Checkout error message does not make sense.

> "Actually, I think in response the COVID the USA (and other countries) have placed export bans on some categories of products. Could it be due to something like that?"

Then the error should have said "Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must be in the same country as the seller".

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It looks to me like they have contradictory shipping information in different parts of the listing. It even states in the description that

"We Do Not Ship Outside of the Continental US".

Also, it's showing as out of stock to me.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

> "Also, it's showing as out of stock to me. "

Yeah, it is no longer found in the search results. As far as I know, ivermectin helps combat COVID-19 in your system so it is no wonder that people have been lapping it up in droves. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@blkwolf02 wrote:

...As far as I know, ivermectin helps combat COVID-19 in your system so it is no wonder that people have been lapping it up in droves....

Not to mention it's apple flavoured.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@blkwolf02 wrote:

> "Also, it's showing as out of stock to me. "

Yeah, it is no longer found in the search results. As far as I know, ivermectin helps combat COVID-19 in your system so it is no wonder that people have been lapping it up in droves. Thanks for your help.

Not even the doctors / medical researchers know that yet. Tests have been in vitro.

This means the tests conducted so far have been in a lab environment, not properly tested on a living breathing, infected mammal, it's just that there have been results that warrant further investigation. (Except for the people that hear a fragment of an abstract of a scientific study, reinterpreted and then regurgitated by news outlets that have no idea what the data they're looking at even means, who then rush out to buy animal worming treatments). 

It's a medication, not vitamin chews or something equally benign - of course you can't import it. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Do you and your mother really NEED ivermectin?

If that was the case, I'm sure your doctor would prescribe it.

Looking at what it is and does, I'd rather have the COVID.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you need to import ivermectin based medication?

Ivermectin has been widely available in Australia for many years....I was worming my horses with it 30 years ago.

It can apparently be bought from the "big A river"  in Australia.....or you could try the local produce store or saddlery.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply