seller refusing to give tracking number

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item will arrive soon, then I said that did not answer my quetion and asked for the tracking number again, then the seller does went AWAL on me. Should I contact ebay?

Message 1 of 135
Latest reply
134 REPLIES 134

Re: seller refusing to give tracking number

@joethenuts wrote:

now i am puzzled I hate not knowing anyway you have been with ebay about 10 years   thats about 500 articles a year so for every week day thats aprox 2 parcels a day for 10 years wow, can i ask you what % parcels to envelopes thanks

probably noyfb

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 131 of 135
Latest reply

As Padi says, it is not really any of your business Joe, but I don't mind answering.

A lot more come as parcels than envelopes but I really can't give you a % breakdown.  Most purchases are multiple items so usually come in large boxes or satchels.

Single DVDs are more likely to come in an envelope but boxed sets are parcels.

Message 132 of 135
Latest reply

mmmm you must have a large dvd stand

and thank you for your responce

Message 133 of 135
Latest reply

I use a standard 3 ft by 6ft bookcase for DVDs not a stand....my collection outgrew a stand years ago.

Message 134 of 135
Latest reply

Why didn't you ask about the delivery method before buying? For any item >$50 I'd be double checking that personally. You can't assume all sellers have your same thought processes (heaven forbid)- just ask them 1st and save yourself this unneccesary angst.

Really, be a bit proactive in your purchasing and stop complaining that people should've known what you wanted. Don't lie back, wait for things to go wrong & blame everybody else if they do- have a stab at preventing them.

All that 'went wrong' here is 1) packaging & postage you were unhappy with & b) seller ignored you (hands up if you can see why) which has hurt your feelings. Meanwhile you got your item & it works as expected.

It ain't that bad sweetheart! Get some perspective, truly.

----------------------------

I don't know anything much about the buyer who started this thread, but I was under the impression ebay expected sellers to have some sort of tracking on the items they send?

I know not all sellers do. I've received a couple of smaller items this week that didn't, and one small item that did. No worries with any of it as long as I get my item.

But a buyer should not have to ask as such. Well, I would not have thought so.

But if I were a seller with an expensive item, I think I would have tracking, just for security.

As a buyer, if I received a very expensive item sent with no tracking, I would be surprised too.

And if I didn't receive any item at all, big or small, I would put in a claim for my money back or whatever. That would be only sensible.

Feedback. In the same situation as Kuro, I probably would give positive because the item came and it works well, but mark down the stars for communication/postage.

but each buyer calls it as they see it, I guess.

Message 135 of 135
Latest reply