strange seller

saw an item advertised for $120 + $16 postage

with 'make an offer'

so i made an offer of $100 + the postage

got no reply and the offer expired.

then i get a message from ebay the item has been relisted so i go take a look.

its now $100 with free delivery!

so i buy it and today got a message to say its 'on its way' with an australia post tracking number!!

the guy could have accepted my offer and got the postage money?

must have cost at least $16 to post if not more, its quite large if not that heavy.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

strange seller

Offers expire at 48 hours.

Maybe he didn't even see the offer.

image host
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

David you're not an ebay plus member are you?

This could explain the free postage.

I've become an ebay plus member and to tell you the truth it's not bad at all lol.

It works a treat for me because I spend wads of money at coles lol I now have my groceries delivered for free just because I spend over $49 lol.

And all other items I purchase that have ebay plus I get delivered for free.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

The choice of items from Coles on ebay is pretty limited......I would still have to either go to the local store or do another online order.

I was very tempted to join Plus when I saw that offer but decided against it when I saw the choice available at Coles.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

Understandable lyndal but every thing I buy coles have it for me and lol I don't have to leave the house not that I'm not sociable haha

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

@collect247 wrote:

David you're not an ebay plus member are you?

This could explain the free postage.

I've become an ebay plus member and to tell you the truth it's not bad at all lol.

It works a treat for me because I spend wads of money at coles lol I now have my groceries delivered for free just because I spend over $49 lol.

And all other items I purchase that have ebay plus I get delivered for free.

no, not ebay plus member, nearest coles to me is over 2 hours drive

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

@collect247 wrote:

Understandable lyndal but every thing I buy coles have it for me and lol I don't have to leave the house not that I'm not sociable haha

So... you'll be inviting us all over for a party? Catered for by Coles? happy-dance-party-laie.gif
Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

Only if you're an ebay plus member haha

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

well i got tricked

the item was a bathroom exhaust fan, those ones with heat lamps built in with a fan.

i wanted one the same as i allready have installed as mine is getting to the point of needing replacing so another the same would be ideal.

i had seen them listed before but either didnt have spare cash or they were too expensive.

then this one pops up and well i just jumped on it as the price was way under what id seen before.

well it arrived today and on opening the box it looked perfect, just the same as mine and new!

so i lift it out of the box and think, hmm its lighter than i imagined.

thats because there is no fan or motor in it!

nothing was mentioned in the listing about that.

so i check the box and yes, its in small print on the box 'lights unit only not fitted with fan'

so yes, if id looked very carefully at the photo in the listing i would have seen it.

i didnt, i got done!

now i know why he didnt install it in his bathroom as i bet he did the same thing, bought it then didcovered no fan.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

strange seller

but what did the listing say?
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply