suspicious account and lack of activity??

sthar-2894
Community Member

Hi, I purchased a computer motherboard  on the 23rd Dec 2023. The arrival date was between the 19th Jan-Feb 2nd. The $146.47 was taken out of my PayPal account on the 23rd Dec for the motherboard. After multiple messages to the seller (with never a reply back) and tracking not provided, I'm suspicious as this seems like a scam. I was wondering if eBay could step in and contact the seller and make sure his account is legit? When I look at my purchase history it shows the item has not been posted yet. I'm in Australia and the seller in USA. Why do I have to wait for the seller to close his account and possibly get away with this and why won't eBay step in before the final arrival date of Feb 2 to help me?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay can't step in when they don't know anything about it

Nor do they step in before the final delivery date ,why would they?

And they are unlikely to read your comment, so no use asking other members if eBay can 'step in'

And the seller can't close their account if they have had a sale until x amount of time later

If it does'nt arrive by the last estimated delivery date (which was shown and you agreed to when you bought) you open and follow through with an item not received dispute 

All this info (date, seller feedback etc) was available prior to buying, that is the time to hit the back button and buy from someone else 

IF the motherboard does indeed arrive, I certainly hope it is'nt dodgy as

I'd not want to risk buying such a thing from a random seller on eBay

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Is it the seller who left you feedback in the past month,  if so they are in china, and often you wont get tracking from China.

There is nothing there that looks dodgy,  and yes they have 1 negative feedback,  but based on the comment,  they should not have being given the negative as it was a buyer issue, not the seller.

Wait for the last EDD than worry and open a dispute,  but it will most likely arrive.  If you buy from China,  and they have a long EDD,  you need to have patients,  do you really think it will arrive quickly.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ah there you go

That newest feedback was'nt showing when I looked

Not sure why the OP stated seller was in USA, it very clearly says China

Unless they have bought more than one motherboard recently and *that* seller is indeed in the USA 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply