suss bidding?

Ive been looking at 2 old chairs that have been listed a few times & was hoping the seller would list at a lower price.

They have a bid & a 2nd bidder looks like schill bidding to me. Is there any point in reporting it or do I need proof?

Item 181472944467

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

suss bidding?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing to indicate shill bidding on the chairs....just two bidders wanting them.

Why do you think it is shill bidding?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

Agree with Lyndal, couldn't look less like shill bidding. The zero feedbacker only has 9% bidding on that seller's item, if they were shilling it would be more like 90%. and the other bidder is of course at 100% because they have only put thaty one bid on in the last 30 days.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There is nothing to indicate shill bidding on the chairs....just two bidders wanting them.

Why do you think it is shill bidding?

Because the OP is hoping to get them for f all? And needs an excuse to not pay a realistic price?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

I would say there is little chance of the OP getting them dirt cheap now.....that 0 feedback bidder is very keen.  The price has gone up over $35 since I first looked.   And it still doesn't look like shill bidding to me.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

Keen isn't the word! That's a hell of a lot of money to want to pay for a couple of ratty-looking lounge chairs which don't even match, the type of which you could normally pick up any day of the week for under $10 from St Vinnie's. Also, if the OP wants a 3rd opinion, no way is there any shill bidding going on in that auction.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

OP says they have been listed a few times.

No evidence of that, unless it was prior to May 5th

Not shill bidding in my book either.

And they do belong at Vinnie's

I say they go for $150 - any takers?

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

No way, stawka. I suspect that some people really do have more money than brains. 🙂
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

Just my 2 cents. The 0 feedbacker has bid on items from 5 different sellers which makes it a lot less likely shill bidding is going on. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

suss bidding?

Darn it.  They went for $95.   9 watchers

Thought they would've gone over $100 at least.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply