the buyer wants to be paid in us dollars and we are australian dollars how does it work

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

the buyer wants to be paid in us dollars and we are australian dollars how does it work

Not sure, what do you need to pay the buyer for?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

They send you an invoice, or you click 'pay now' on the item.

Paypal takes your $A and convert them to $US and pays the seller. The amount you pay will be a bit different to the estimate (a couple of percent usually) as eBay's converted price is an estimate, whereas Paypal use the conversion rate that applies at the time of the transaction.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

And paypal builds it's fees into the conversion rate also....it is all one payment unlike the bank who charges the fees as a seperate amount.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I always thought that a seller is the one that gets paid?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I think in PayPal you can also send money in various currencies.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@thesoulyearns wrote:

I think in PayPal you can also send money in various currencies.

Yes, you can "send money" in various currencies but you can only pay a seller in the currency that the item is listed in.  You have to pay in the currency of the site that the seller is using.

The Send Money function is more often used to send personal funds, not for ebay transactions.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yeah, I just wanted to say that, just incase they wanted to send the money that way for whatever reason.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

just asking

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@chriscam63au8 wrote:

just asking

Just answering

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply