ticket reselling on ebay. I am reporting but nothign is happening?

The Act contains penalties for reselling and purchasing tickets to events at  Stadiums Queensland facilities at a price greater than 10% above the original ticket price. This is straight from the http://www.stadiums.qld.gov.au/Policies/Ticket-Scalping.aspx

I am reporting concert tickets that are $120 yet are more than double on ebay and are not removed after reporting?

Why does ebay allow this?!?!?!?!?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: ticket reselling on ebay. I am reporting but nothign is happening?

So do they facilitate the sale of tickets? If so, I say they are just as guilty.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Ticket scalping is a bit different to normal supply and demand. The supply is limited and more can't be manufactured.

So I am antique scalping because the supply is limited and more can't be manufactured.

So someone risks their own money to buy a chunk of a commodity, then sells off that chunk in small pieces for a profit?

How is that different from buying wholesale and selling retail?

Why say scalping, which implies some type of violent theft (few give up their scalps readily) when the real word is selling?

I'm not denying there may be laws about ti, but why?

What is wrong with a free market? Why not offer all tickets for an event at a dollar a seat auction, high bidder at some reasonable time later gets the ticket?

What is so special about evemt tickets they  need some special protection.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@afantiques wrote:

What is so special about evemt tickets they  need some special protection.

I am one of those that object to ticket scalping - I don't police it, I just don't like the practice and would never do it. I realise and accept those who see it solely as a commodity boil it down to business and economics, but it's more than that to some people (myself included), and that's why I always say this is about personal ethics, which differ from person to person and don't necessarily come down to a generally accepted "right" and "wrong" stance in the way more clear cut issues do. 

My take on the difference >Link< from and earlier thread.

Most of the time, buying a commodity to resell doesn't deprive anyone of an (admittedly not altogether necessary) experience. If you buy an antique and resell it for more than someone who wants it can afford to pay, it's a "thing" they're missing out on, and there are always more things. Events are experiences, not things, and a lot of them are once in a lifetime. I'm sure some people feel just as strongly about their collections of things sometimes, so again....it's a personal thing.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I can understand a person maybe selling one or two tickets that they have bought but for some reason are unable to use.

But what I think is more relevant and should be investigated is how some others manage to get dozens of tickets with no other purpose but  to onsell, when normal people ring up within minutes of the sale starting and might miss out. That is the crux of the problem.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Could not agree more!!!
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply