ticket reselling on ebay. I am reporting but nothign is happening?

The Act contains penalties for reselling and purchasing tickets to events at  Stadiums Queensland facilities at a price greater than 10% above the original ticket price. This is straight from the http://www.stadiums.qld.gov.au/Policies/Ticket-Scalping.aspx

I am reporting concert tickets that are $120 yet are more than double on ebay and are not removed after reporting?

Why does ebay allow this?!?!?!?!?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You need to contact the original ticket seller as they can only issue the penalties

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Which is Stadiums QLD

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

so obviously ebay does not care?
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

No Ebay do not condone the selling of tickets above inflated prices,but they do warn anyone selling these tickets that you will be doing this unlawfully.And as Ebay doesn't know what the actual price of the tickets were originally so they can't tell if a reseller is selling the ticket for more than the 10% allowed,Ebay does recommend that the reseller doesn't break the law and they should read the events coordinators policy regarding this matter.But I do agree with you that as soon as someone reports that others are selling these tickets at way inflated prices then yes Ebay should cancel their listings.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Why should event tickets be treated unlike any other commodity, and not be resold at whatever price the market will bear?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Because it is called ticket scalping and it's against Queensland government law to resell for more than 10%

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

because scalpers buying heaps of tickets and real people who simply want 1 or 2 cant and instead of $125 they are $400 etc, it has been outlawed yeat there are still heaps of tickets on here

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
So let me get this, a ticket is started as an auction and reaches final fee of more than 10% of face value. How would you police this? People are prepared to pay whatever they want.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

if you are Events Queensland, you keep an eye on the auctions. Especially when they really should only be sold BIN, to ensure they don't sell for more than allowed.

Ticket scalping is a bit different to normal supply and demand. The supply is limited and more can't be manufactured.

I certainly wouldn't be buying tickets online (except from the ticket agency) - there are plenty of stories of people being turned away at the door because the ticket has been cancelled.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply