two separate purchases were cancelled before being sent - money refunded but not in PayPal account

Hi,

I purchased two pairs of Louis Vuitton glasses in March 2020 from two separate sellers; I cancelled the order with both sellers before the items were sent to me. I was refunded for the purchase from both sellers, but the money isn't in my PayPal account. Not sure how to go about dealing with this. Ideally, would like to talk with someone at ebay. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

two separate purchases were cancelled before being sent - money refunded but not in PayPal account

Check your bank accounts, refunds through Paypal normally go back to the funding source.

Edit. G'day Dave.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

The refund goes back to the funding source. If a bank account or credit card, that is where it would show.

You are way out of time for either eBay or Paypal.

In future it might pay to only purchase things if you want them, or not buy high-end stuff online. You would have cost both sellers the Paypal fees as those don't get refunded to them.

Edit: G'day padi

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The refund goes back to the funding source.

If the funds were in your paypal account they will go back there.

Funds from a bank account stay in paypal till you transfer them manually.

Funds from a debit or credit card go back to that card account and can take several days to show.

To see if the refund has been actioned find the transaction in paypal and see if it has been reersed yet.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@capgd.ddqrshw wrote:

Hi,

I purchased two pairs of Louis Vuitton glasses in March 2020 from two separate sellers; I cancelled the order with both sellers before the items were sent to me. I was refunded for the purchase from both sellers, but the money isn't in my PayPal account. Not sure how to go about dealing with this. Ideally, would like to talk with someone at ebay. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

When I have had a PayPal refund from a seller, I've recieved an email to advise of this. You can searrch your email account. Have you logged in to PayPal and clicked on refunds? You can go back as far as you want.

I hope you get it sorted. Please let us know how you get on. Cheers.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It all happened in March, Lyndal.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Does it matter when it happened?

It is still the same process to find where it ended up.  If the OP keeps looking in paypal for a refund that has gone elsewhere they will never find it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Point taken.

But they have probably left it too late if the refunds weren't actually given.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with that assessment but if they can find the missing refunds they won't have anything to complain about and will have learned a valuable lesson on the workings of ebay.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply