unpaid item strike

I am so frustrated with ebay as I went to purchase two tables via a best offer and the seller ADMITTED that it accepted the offer but then added on enough postage so that the offer they 'accepted' was for the full asking price of the item. I pointed out that there is no real offer and acceptance if I submit a best offer and the buyer then accepts the offer and tacks on $139 postage. 

When I confronted the seller about the postage they ADMITTED in WRITING that even their standard postage to send the item was only $79. I had previous evidence of this so they could hardly deny it. 

There was a conflict because of the unethical manner in which the seller tried to force me into a contract and tack on extra postage. 

The seller sent two messages to me stating that they absolutely wouldn't serve me. They indicated that they wouldn't serve me and wouldn't be sending any goods. They asked me not to correspond with them and not to contact them as they wouldn't be doing business with me. 

Days later they opened an unpaid item strike. 

They told me that they wouldn't deal with me if I took the matter to ebay. 

I did not tell them I took the matter to ebay but did so and ebay informed me that they had taken action on their account. I asked ebay "how can you possibly enter an unpaid item strike against my record where as in this case there is a record of the buyer threatening me for contacting them and telling me under no circumstances would they send the item to me no ???????"

They merely said "you have to wait until the unpaid item strike is entered and then appeal it and we will remove it". 

When I did appeal it and entered the emails into the form stating that the buyer absolutely refused to deal with me or send the item under ANY circumstances they trotted out some spiel to the effect that the unpaid item strike would remain because it is the way buyers can recover their final value fees. 

What a lot of rubbish. 

The appropriate avenue is to merely cancel the transaction if a seller decides not to send an item. 

I am not getting anywhere with ebay. 

I am a seller and would never do this to a buyer. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

unpaid item strike

really one strike is not going to matter to your buying anyway. some most sellers have auto blocks in place that if a buyer has 2 strikes in 12 month period it will prevent them from buying off them. So if you have no others I wouldn't worry about it.
it's easier for sellers to open unpaid item disputes rather than cancellations to get their fees back from the sale. forget it and move on.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

unpaid item strike

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

really one strike is not going to matter to your buying anyway. some most sellers have auto blocks in place that if a buyer has 2 strikes in 12 month period it will prevent them from buying off them. So if you have no others I wouldn't worry about it.
it's easier for sellers to open unpaid item disputes rather than cancellations to get their fees back from the sale. forget it and move on.

i disagree...

why should you 'wear' the result of a bodgy seller?

OP, Get in touch with Ebay again, and demand results. This is just not good enough. Dont give in......
a blemish is a blemish, no matter what light you look at it in!

good luck.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

unpaid item strike

well bottom line the buyer didn't pay, ebay will not remove a defect if the buyer didn't pay
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

unpaid item strike

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
well bottom line the buyer didn't pay, ebay will not remove a defect if the buyer didn't pay

Only because thats the way it is automated, and they dont like doing things manually, but they can if dealing with the constant complaint takes more effort that just removing it.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply