Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Does Ebay ever seriously listen to its members?

Recently I purchased a LED bike headlight off a seller who stated that free postage was offered. After the sale I was blocked from paying and a message was displayed that the seller would be using a private courier to freight the item instead and tha...

Is this normal practice?

Do sellers usually refuse to deal with good buyers who have to give a neutral comment due to overdue delivery?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful

How does seller pay return postage?

I have received a faulty item, and contacted the seller but he did not respond to messages, so I requested a return.Strangely the seller replied promptly, agreeing to the return. An email from eBay tells me that seller should provide a return shippin...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! Help please...

Hi all, I have "purchased" an item. I have maintained polite contact with the seller. It is a pick up item. I was flooded in the week it sold. The next week I was at the hospital with my son. I explained this to the seller. I recently made arrangemen...

• 37 replies
  • 0 Helpful

unpaid item strike

I am so frustrated with ebay as I went to purchase two tables via a best offer and the seller ADMITTED that it accepted the offer but then added on enough postage so that the offer they 'accepted' was for the full asking price of the item. I pointed ...

Add Message Function Not Working/Dropping Messages

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the 'add message' fuction on the 'pay now' page? I was buying an item and had to specifty what I wanted by adding a message on the 'pay now' page. I added what I wanted, checked it, the...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Couriers

Haven't been on these boards for a while but a recent experience brings me here today. Wondering what experiences people have had as a buyer knowing through online 'tracking' tha an item is on board to be delivered that day only to be told later when...

• 21 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Beware of sellers wanting to sell over the phone.

Yes i made a huge mistake. I wanted to buy a 60L car fridge but there were no measurments on the add, so i messaged the seller. They asked for a contact number to discuss any questions. We were happy with what we were told and said we would go back o...

• 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Selling things sent by email

Hi everyone. I was looking at buying some prints to put around the house and was just wondering if sellers are allowed to sell prints with things like 'free postage' when they're not sent at all. They're just emailng a picture I have to print myself?...

• 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful

seller refusing to give tracking number

I bought a SSD on Monday, the seller marked it as posted the same day but I know it's bullsh1t because I bought it after business hours, then I asked for the tracking number two days later, the seller simply avoided the question and said the item wil...

• 134 replies
  • 0 Helpful

book sellers selling items not in stock

Why am I having so much trouble buying a book? It appears eBay book sellers are listing and selling books without knowing true stock levels in "their warehouse" ie most likely in their supplier warehouses. Her'es my three attempts at buying one book ...

• 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful