waiting

i paid for an item a week ago and i asked the seller to let me knopw once they got the payment and to let me know when they posted the item and i havent heard a thing from them and i dont think they have posted the item how long do i wait? and any ideas on what to do as i sent the seller 2 emails

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

waiting

Firstly go into your purchase history and see if the seller has marked it as posted. It will show a small envelope icon and if you mouse hover over it, it will show the date. You say a week ago then that is only 5 business days and depending on where you are located it could take up to ten business days to reach you. If you haven't received it in another week then I would chase it up.
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

Did you pay by bank deposit or eCheque?When did you pay?

Bank deposit usually takes 2 business days + to show up in the account.If you paid this way did you mark the payment?If the seller has a few paying this way it may be hard to identify your payment

If you paid by eCheque it usually takes about a week to clear & the seller is advised to wait til it clears before posting.

Message the seller to see how it's going.

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

i used bank deposit when i paid and i brought 2 other items that day and payed for them and they got the money that night ior the next day and they have posted the items and also marked it as item sent and also emailed me but no word from this other person, also when i did bank deposit i used my ebay name as a reffrence and i also marked it as payment sent, i emailed the person twice and no responce from the person

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

cecelia,   never ever ever pay by bank deposit. Dont trust the seller even if they claim they are the Pope. You have no recourse or should I say very little if things go astray.

Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

I had the same happen to me, paid for item and no response from seller, so I messaged a seller I trusted ( before I found these boards), and I got the same advice as what has been given, so I waited aprox 2 weeks and still no responce, so I lodged dispute with paypal and gave seller a negative and no stars. My way of thinking now is if seller doesn't respond after 4 days I won't bother with dispute on paypal, I will issue a chargeback on credit card.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

You did the right thing & tried to contact the seller oh sh!te it's bank deposit so someone else should be telling you about chargeback on your card.i don't know that one.

Just out of curiosity what was the item number?

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

the item number is: 161160425016 and it was for a 7 peice towel set

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

You need to contact your bank to do a chargeback for this transaction ASAP to get your $ back.

Read their feedback,there is a problem with this seller & i would think by the look of it that you aren't getting your towels.Sorry.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

waiting

i am going to the bank tomorrow morning anyway so i will do the chargeback while im there, this is the first time i have heard of a charge back what is involved? and thank you for the advise

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply