what can i do in this situation?

intags
Community Member

Hello, i recently purchased a portable powerbank from a seller in China, paid for instantly on the 17th of March. 13 days later (30th of March) I get a message from the seller saying:

"Dear friend,

So sorry to bother you.

As we got a note from our supplier the new items is delayed on the shipping way to us,so we delayed arrange the shipment for you,how about we help you change the color and send it to you as soon as possible? If not,we will make a full refund to you.

looking for your early reply.

Have a nice day!"

After a few messages I told them I no longer wanted the item but they sent it anyway and now i'm not sure what to do. I haven't opened a dispute with paypal yet because the item has already been posted so i was thinking theres nothing i can do until i get it, but is there anything i can do to get my money back now? I did some research on the internet and found out the type of powerbank i bought has a false mAh reading (claimed to be 25,000mAh but really around ~5600mAh), can this help with a dispute?

thanks for any input.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

i sopose you can claim when you get it   as not as discribed to ebay

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If you and your seller were in mesage with each other why did you give the seller a neg saying no contact from seller??
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The time to do your research was before you bought the item.

There is nothing you can do.....you paid, the seller sent the item.

You can open a dispute if the item is not as described, but not just because you have changed your mind.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

because they didn't say anything for 13 days, i made a typo in the comment and forgot to add the word 'days' after 15, the neg was for taking 13 days to tell me they didn't even have the item i purchased in stock
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

A neg is a bit savage for poor communication.....that is what the DSRs are for.   I doubt that the seller will be too co-operative now.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Your best outcome would be if it never arrived even if you can't get a refund. Anything of that nature which has to be plugged into an electric socket is a potential fire risk and you cannot claim for a burnt down house or a funeral. It can be a very costly saving a few dollars buying electronics from China and HK.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hi, a bit late for you now but buying a cheap electrical item from China? Three words in that sentence should get alarm bells ringing. Cheap - China - Electrical.

Spend an extra 100 and walk into a shop, pick one out and take it home. Any problems - take it back.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Did you communicate with them before you negged them??

TBH once you neg someone then you can expect further co operation to evaporate.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply