what is a " buyers code" which is supposed to be given when you pick up an item in person?

What is a "buyers code" that I'm told needs to be given when you pick up an item from the seller?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

what is a " buyers code" which is supposed to be given when you pick up an item in person?

For proof of pickup, you can use the eBay app to scan the QR code or manually enter the 6-digit code the buyer received after completing their purchase. To scan the code, go to the Arrange pickup screen on the eBay app and tap the Scan to confirm pickup button.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Do you know where a seller can manually enter the 6 digit code if they don't have a smart phone?

I've exhausted all possibilities where it could go when 'in' the actual item details. And searching for help I found a thread on the US boards from 2020 that decided Ebay hadn't yet finalised this area.

I have noted against the item that it has been picked up and payment received. I thought it worth pursuing where to put the 6digit code as this is my first cash on pickup since moving to managed payments.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@alwaystime4t wrote:

Do you know where a seller can manually enter the 6 digit code if they don't have a smart phone?

I don't think you can, on the help page ebay states under one of the topics:

"The buyer's local pickup code (scanned or entered via the eBay app)"

Which makes it sound like both scanning and manual entry needs to be done via an app on a mobile device. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply