who's responsible once item posted

is the seller still responsible for item even when it has been posted, but has not yet arrived

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: who's responsible once item posted

Australia Post for a investigation into a late or missing parcel as it is only the seller who can do this.

I filled out a missing parcel form on the Auspost website a couple of days ago as the sender and the reply said that I am required to have the addressee contact them to lodge an investigation and provided a link to the missing parcel form for the addressee to complete?. What's the go with this does anyone know??

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

santo66
Community Member

Our records indicate your parcel was delivered on the 07 February 2014 as addressed. I'd recommend double checking with the addressee what delivery arrangements they have in place in this instance as we have no indication the item was not delivered as addressed.

If this is unsuccessful we can certainly investigate further. If the addressee disputes receiving the item we would require them to either call us or email us to confirm further information about how they receive their deliveries. Involving the addressee also means we can ensure there is no recurring issues in the area.

That's what I got (above) from AP in response to a missing parcel enquiry lodged by the sender. This was a Parcel Post Signature on Delivery item.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

If you don't receive the item through the post, get your money back from PayPal.
The seller may have their own shipping/logistics insurance to claim it back or they might be scamming you and the best way to teach them it doesn't pay to be dishonest is to get the funds charged back. If it is a genuine'lost in the post' then the seller has to get their costs back frkm the podtal service and/learn a better way to ship goods.
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

I had a seller ship goods to the wrong address and they thought that it was bad luck on my side. That cost me because even though I got a refund eventually (and fees were deducted by the bank) I still had to go to a shop and buy the equivalent item.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

If the seller can provide Paypal with proof of postage to the buyer's suburb, then they will be covered by Paypal seller protection. If the item is shown as delivered on tracking then the buyer will NOT win an INR case.

It always pays to keep the seller on side. And to ascertain the facts.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I made a purchase, they sent it to my PO Box and was returned (never happened before). They sent it again and same thing. This time they took photos of the returned product.

They have suggested a parital refund (cost less extra postage). That means I have lost money for no product. 

Is that right or should I as buyer be entitiled ro full refund?

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

why was it returned?  Did you fail to collect within a reasonable period of time?  Did the PO put a card in your box to let you know there was a collection item?

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply