why are cases closed automatically even though the issue has not been resolved

I have purchased several items and only received a face mask or keyring iinstead of what was purchased or I never even received the item so I put a note in the resolution centre and before it is resolved the case is closed automatically without even being asked had I received the item etc and I didnt even get my money returned.

So I would like to know why it takes so long for cases to be resolved or refunded and why are they closed when it hasnt been resolved.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you open the correct kind of dispute (ie an item not as described dispute rather than an item not received dispute) ?

And did you follow through within ithe time limit? 

If you followed the correct process, then it is very odd indeed

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Did you allow the dispute to time out?

Did you open a "not as described" dispute or an "item not received" dispute, if it was the latter then if the seller can show by tracking that an item was delivered you'll lose the case.

Slow again today Sandy.............sigh.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You need to open the correct kind of case as per what the others have said. 

Initiate a charge back through you bank if you sourced the purchases from a credit card.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I will assume that you opened an item not received dispute, rather than item not as described. As you actually received something, the case would have closed if the seller could show tracking if you went the not received route.

Go to PayPal and open an item not as described dispute there, and escalate it to a claim as soon as it will allow. I think you have 20 days in total, so be sure to escalate before then. Don't let the seller string you along saying they will send the correct item. It's a stalling tactic to allow the dispute to time out. 

Oh, and........stop buying carp from China.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply