why does ebay allow sellers to gouge over inflated postage prices

Why does ebay allow sellers to gouge on postage? I have noticed that USA sellers started it first, now i see UK sellers practicing the same gouging. Also ebay appear to be getting lacks with thier seller alowing them to breach the rules ie sending wrong  or inferior items also very late deliveries. I have been required to make five applications to the resolution centre this last month.Has any one else noticed this type of problem!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: why does ebay allow sellers to gouge over inflated postage prices

I feel for you but some Buyers just love blaming Sellers for everything. I recently sent  5 lots in one Enevelope  Registered Mail due to their Value. Buyer claimed not arrived and Yes appeared Australia Post had lost the registered envelope according to the tracking information never left a sorting office in Queensland. Buyer insisted my fault anyway I refunded full amount and opened a enquiry with Aust Post which was hard to do as Buyer had also opened one after I had given him the tracking number when sent. Six weeks later Australia Post refunded me. Then noticed Buyer had left me 5 Neutrals in my Ratings still questioning me as to sent at all. Responed to this and promptly blocked them after all in Ebays eyes the Seller is always wrong.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: why does ebay allow sellers to gouge over inflated postage prices

In your shoes I'd have replied to the feedback then blocked them too.  Talk about unreasonable.

One thing I hate doing is having to ask about postage methods before I make a purchase.  It's clear some sellers don't like it but I have to know.  I don't want to waste a sellers time if they only use Registered Post (and do not vary it) but they don't actually specify it in the listing, or they are asking for feedback but Aust Post has sent it on walkabout instead of the less than 5km from the post office to my house...so now we are all wondering where the darn parcel is.

I get that there are dodgy buyers out there....but I'm not one of them.  I never have been and I'm not going to start now.  I'm home all day.  The AP contractor usually delivers parcels in the morning in a really good place.  He calls out it's AP and I call back a thank you.  But if it requires a signature it really slows him down waiting for me....or sometimes he delivers really early and I'm still asleep and on those occasions he's a stickler for the rules if I don't call out - the sig req parcel is not left.  Sigh.

Think of it this way.  If all sellers clearly specified the postage methods they used they won't get me asking annoying questions.  If a seller insists on Registered Post (no exceptions is stated in the listing) then they won't hear from me either.  We're all better off when we know what eactly what we are paying for re postage as well as the item.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply