why is an item for sale ( VIC) that says 'posts worldwide' then on the side says 'but not to FNQ'?

ingyingy
Community Member

Why do we buy from overseas?

I just tried to purchase a chi massager from a seller in Victoria who clearly states they post worldwide, then in red letters to the side say 'doesn't post to far north Qld.'

Looks like I'll continue to not keep my money in the country. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: why is an item for sale ( VIC) that says 'posts worldwide' then on the side says 'but not to FNQ

it hardly boreders on discrimination. for as long as online shopping has existed - sellers and businesses have been able to choose where they do and don't want to mail items to. 

there's such a huge amount of reasons as to why this may be - from postage costs, restrictions in quarantine laws (as previously said), the company a business or seller uses doesn't ship to that location.. amongst many others. 

just like a lot of sellers who sell internationally won't send items to places like mexico or some other countries simply because things go missing and it's a risk the seller isn't willing to take. 

to not be able to see this from a seller / business perspective is narrow-minded. i don't like the fact that a lot of US companies won't post to australia - but does that mean i'm being discriminated against? hardly. 

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply