why is pitney bowes deciding what comes into Australia? isnt that australian customs job?

Why is pitney bowes deciding what comes into Australia? isnt that australian customs job?

P  B say that a clean motorbike shock is an restricted item according to Australian Customs. but when I personally contact Australian Customs, they say there is no restriction on motorbike parts or would it be an issue for me to import a shock.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why is pitney bowes deciding what comes into Australia? isnt that australian customs job?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Pitney Bowes decides what they will ship to Australia.  Whether it bears any resemblance to Australian Customs regulations is very debatable.

And what makes it worse is that I have seen reports of sellers shipping the items to PB for dispatch to Australia and PB just refusing to send the item and not returning it to the seller.  I would love to know what finally happened in the cases that were reported here.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Pitney Bowes shouldn't be it's not there job. I don't buy from anyone using PB now. If I do want something and the seller is using PB I contact them and ask if they will send direct and more times than not they will.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Interesting

Thanks

and bump

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply