why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

Aisian sizes and some european sizes for clothing are at least 2sizes too small compared to australian sizes it is the same with headgear,motorcycle helmets being a overweight but not really  42-44 pant  and helmet size 58-59 wich is large australian xxl aisian

it would be nice for there to be standard sizes especially as i am supposed to be average Australian height @ the old 5'10" height

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is hardly a problem unique to ebay.

As long as I can remember the Asian sizes have been on the small size.  All you can do is read the measurements and don't buy if the items won't fit you.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Re: why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

I have only ever purchase a couple of items of clothing online. Really not my thing.  I find it better to hit the shops & try em on. Then I can see if they fit  proper like. ๐Ÿ™‚ Also get to feel the fabric etc. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

You can go into three shops and buy two items of clothing of the same size in each and all six can have completely different measurements so a large discrepency between countries is hardly surprising. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I actually think the Asian countries use "Barbie" as a template for their clothing lolSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Yes well I am sick and tired of being told Asian sizies run smaller! Ok then why is it, in the size chart size XL bust 104cm.

Wanting to allow for some room I order this size. I then get a size XL bust 92cm??? I asked seller what is this?

The size is too small! I then get the lame, unacceptable answer, Asian sizes run smaller!!

If the garment measurements are to be 104cm bust then make it that way.

Asian sizes run small because there is no longer any quality control, or anyone to answer to and its a way the CHEAP manufactures can cost cut. This is happening world wide and as a consumer I am OVER it!!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Quite apart from the fact that it does NOTHING for ones self esteem! lol

I hear ya, its why I just dont buy from Asian manufacturers and Sellers of clothing or shoes.

I DO however buy from well known brand names who manufacture in China. They are made to specific templates for western sizing.

Amazes me that the industrious Chinese have never twigged that their own sizing templates are completely wrong for selling to the rest of the world.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

Amazes me that the industrious Chinese have never twigged that their own sizing templates are completely wrong for selling to the rest of the world.

Smiley Frustrated

LOL the thing that get's me sometimes is how some of them must view westerners. Apparently some of them believe that we are a land full of giants. I'm an overweight male of 5'10" with average length legs for my height, neither short nor long. Without fail any asian manufactured  pants I buy to accomodate my waist size are a good 12 inches or more too long, usually around 18"s too long (putting me at 7'6" if they had fit).

On one hilarious occassion I was going to try on a pair of trousers at K-Mart only to discover to my astonishment that whilst the waist looked like it would fit perfectly nothing else did, the crutch was near my knees & the pants legs were almost twice the length of my legs, and on top of that they were around a foot and a half wide at the bottom. I compared them to the same brand & model pants in a normal slim fitting size (about two thirds the waist) & realized they had simply increased all of the measurements in the same proportion, so not only the waist was 50% more, the length not just of the legs but from top to bottom was 50% more, and the leg width was 50% more. Apparently they picture someone with my sized ass as having the hips and pelvis of a hippo, legs the length of a giraffe, thighs the size of a rhino, with ankles the size of an elephant. (Obviously K-Mart soon realized the problem as they were pulled from the shelves pretty soon after I saw them).

It was funny though I must admit... but I was stunned that someone in China hadn't realized that they were making clothes for Shrek, and not clothes that any living human could ever fit into..

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Yes it is strange, they have been manufacturing for us for long time now, things are getting worse. as I said no quality control or consumer protection anymore in this country. We are the dumping ground for all sorts of garbage from China, Been to Kmart lately? Just one big $2.00 shop! I am not going to buy this junk anymore. If I buy Calvin Klien in America it fits, its made well and reasonable price. I buy it here, its garbage and costs the earth. Why??

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Shoes don't start me there, most of my adult life always 6.5b in the old sizing. Now I get told no half sizes and now could be a 7, 8, 37 or 38 even 39?? It varies so much, once we had a standards....not now!!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply