wont answer messages

i have sent 2 messages to a seller and no aswer what can i do

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: wont answer messages

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you allowed sufficient time for the seller to answer you?  Not everyone is at their computers every day.

Is the seller local or overseas?  If overseas, have you taken the time difference into consideration?  It can sometimes be a day or two before you get answers from overseas sellers.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

This too really annoys me. I currently have the same situation - have bought 3 items from the one seller. Seller clearly states combined postage available - but when I go to pay, all items come up separately, with separate postage. Despite repeated requests to seller for a combined total invoice, I have had no contact. Rediculous, as I want to pay yet they are ignoring me!! If no reply within 7 days, I will be cancelling the purchase.

Recently also made an offer on an item - seller did not get back to me until 9 days later. Said 'I have been away' - then came back with a counter offer. Tough - as I had bought elsewhere, and already had the goods! Why do sellers not communicate with buyers? And I bet they are the first to complain about poor sales!!Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

its was a week in between messages and yes they are overseas i am in australia and they are in london also to the other who replied when this happens to me i send a message saying if you can't send an invoice then cancel the order i usually have a invoice the next day thanks it is so annoying ing

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Before you get all involved with taking action against the seller, you should be absolutely sure that the message(s) you sent, have in fact been received in their entirety.

Refer to my post :

"CONTACTING the Seller!" posted on Thursday (back a page in the forum listing)

Also refer to post from mbau6470 higher up on this board titled "help with extrme communication difficulty".

If you sent an indented message and the seller received only the the un-indented "hello seller Thanks buyer" lines; they would reasonably perceive that you were trying to contact them and reasonably ask

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEM CAN i HELP  or they might just ignore it and leave you in the dark! as appears to have happened here.

If they replied: you could Scroll down their message and if your message is there it will be in the form that they received it in.

If they did not reply: go to your sent message and check that as follows.

If it is deficient then resend the message, with an appology, but in a simple non-indented form that will pass through EBay's simple system.

If it is all there as you believe you sent it , only then proceed with the action as advised by the other respondents.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@lotzrgood wrote:

This too really annoys me. I currently have the same situation - have bought 3 items from the one seller. Seller clearly states combined postage available - but when I go to pay, all items come up separately, with separate postage. Despite repeated requests to seller for a combined total invoice, I have had no contact. Rediculous, as I want to pay yet they are ignoring me!! If no reply within 7 days, I will be cancelling the purchase.

Recently also made an offer on an item - seller did not get back to me until 9 days later. Said 'I have been away' - then came back with a counter offer. Tough - as I had bought elsewhere, and already had the goods! Why do sellers not communicate with buyers? And I bet they are the first to complain about poor sales!!Smiley Sad

1.  you, as the buyer cannot cancel any purchases, so you need to wait for seller's invoice or if they open a non payer dispute against you, respond with details of combined invoice request.

2.  not a good idea to buy before 1st 'transaction' is complete.

if they had have accepted your Offer, when they finally got home.... then that would have been a Sale, ..to you.  And according to ebay rules as you made the offer, you would have been the buyer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A Best Offer expires in 48 hours.  If there is no answer from the seller in that time the buyer is not obligated to go ahead if the seller accepts after that time.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply