Payment sent to ---Crooked dealer

Hi, for everyone who is concerned with the safety and honesty of a seller. 

We did not receive the item and complained. We received a reply that on closure of the complaint they would send us a replacement order. This also did not arrive. Complained again with NO response.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING OF THIS MOB!!!  

If this is the way they operate they always have a good rating obviously.

We complained to Ebay but they referred us to the police since the 30 day period has expired. No wonder though.

Frank L.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

why didnt you open a Paypal Dispute within the 45day time frame for reporting non delivery?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Firstly, you are not allowed to name and shame on the forums. Secondly, do not blame the seller when you should follow the rules to the letter for items not received (45 days max).

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

When you say "closure of the complaint" did you open an eBay request and then close it?

If you didn't go through the eBay Money Back Guarantee process you still have time to open a PayPal claim as you have 180 days from the date of payment, not 45 days.

If you did open and then close an eBay request you are unable to also open a PayPal claim. If you funded your PayPal payment by creditcard you may be able to do a chargeback by contacting your bank.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi

That is interesting.   I just had to do a send back

I contacted the dealer straight away.  then opened a claim through ebay sending pictures

I sent the item back the same day as recieved it with tracking which gave to Ebay.

They messaged me dealer excepted the return and will have six days after recieving to refund me.

It is all good I can wait,   but why in the world six  days ?     If someone returned to me and were legitimate I would refund straight away.

As a buyer for years I have had to return more than ever bought.   Because despite being told these people are governed.

I have recieved gold and diamonds = base metal and glass.   Steling = silver plated copper.  I test as soon as the item arrives and nine times out of ten it is sent right back.   Speaking for the buyer at the moment the buyer loses out on postage etc.  or I think they are covered for the postage.    But still not sure how that goes if free postage but have to post to send back.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I've just been through the same deal. So firstly, o couldn't open the claim through eBay because the seller told me they sent a new item (had to wait 4-5wks) I had the item for a week and it broke, contacted seller. Offered replacement. Waited another 4-5weeks for it. Never came. Then the seller offers refund. I have been waiting since February for this transaction, have emailed constantly! Lucky PayPal do a better buyer protection. I just wish I could've changed my feedback
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

luinoz
Community Member

Wish you luck.......the seller I had the problem with is still selling, just hope karma gets her.

Cheers

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@llan.dian wrote:
I've just been through the same deal. So firstly, o couldn't open the claim through eBay because the seller told me they sent a new item (had to wait 4-5wks) I had the item for a week and it broke, contacted seller. Offered replacement. Waited another 4-5weeks for it. Never came. Then the seller offers refund. I have been waiting since February for this transaction, have emailed constantly! Lucky PayPal do a better buyer protection. I just wish I could've changed my feedback

Do a followup to the feedback you have already left....just don't be rude or mention disputes as that is grounds for the seller to have it removed.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply