1932 Florin

Item 251565583155

Is the coin genuine?

ella8298

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

1932 Florin

Going by the Seller & the feedback, I'd say yes. The photos don't look dodgy, their feedback is great and they sell coins. Why do you ask by the way ? 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Hi Horizon,  Mainly because the emu has a break on the leg to the shield.

Also described by " Sterling Currency " as a chinese copy.

Chinese Dud Coin descriptions

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Have to admit, coins are not my thing at all. Going by all the bids etc, they ( the buyers) seem to like it.  I can't see a Seller risking His / Her reputation on selling a "Fake". He/ she may be totally in the dark  too. If your interested in buying it, ask lots of questions , then make your decision. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Hi Horizon, Up untill last night I had budgeted $1000 to buy this coin. (cheap at the price if genuine)

The feedback of bidders raised alarm bells with two of the bidders having bid retractions in their history, one of them with 20 bid retractions.

This led me to look further and other issues were raised in regards to its authenticity.

I think I'll keep my money and spend it on something else.

Regards   ella8298

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Best you do. If your "Gut Feeling' is ringing alarm bells. Save your hard earned $$$  and wait till a geniune one comes your way. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Did you ask the seller about the leg to see what their response would be?

But if in doubt, DON'T.

Very little description for a higher end item and also misspelt Florin in sub title in several listings.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

What an interesting and useful page of information. Thanks for it. Coins are not my thing but I would say that someone has bought themselves a nice copy. It looks EXACTLY the same as the one pictured on the Dud page. Gosh, what can we do? We seem to be confronted with replicas / copies (putting it nicely) of nearly everything valuable these days. Fine if you are an expert on everything, but it makes it very hard for the general second hand on-seller. I got caught with some Chinese "coins" that came in a box lot; of course I had no idea; as a test put one up on eBay saying "no idea" - it was sent back as a fake. My only option was to send them back to the B&M auctions - there I got my money back on the box lot, so that was fine.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Good result ella and great general rule. if in doubt DONT.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

1932 Florin

Whats the odds that the one seller could have sold three 1932 Florins where the emu has a break in the leg that reaches for the shield.

Everey other 1932 Florin that I have seen that are genuine do not have this flaw.

ella8298

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply