60s or earlier little vase query...

Hiiii so are any of my collector mates online... siddies?

this wee cute vase has what looks like a P engraved on the bottom, and is only little.  I liked the shape style and colours wondered if it was 60s, 50s, 40s .... but cant' describe its retro or wavy shape.  any observations hints or what it may be likened to...

it standed only 7 1/2 cm high and almost 12 at the top.  has a bit of crazing tiny chip on one side and is funky yellow and black ...  anyone?

has been on my mantlepiece for sometime but now have decided its time to sell it on...

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

IMG_0305.JPG

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I'm here but I'm afraid I don't have anything very useful to add. I would guess 50's though it might be early 60's. Pinched? shape. Yellow and black were a very popular 50's colour combo; the free-form organic? shape is reminiscent of Ellis and Studio Fisher without appearing to be of that quality. It looks quite roughly made - is the yellow glazed and the rest rough cast? - hard to tell from the photo.  I will have to believe you about the P (can't see it myself)  but that wouldn't help me. It's quite cute but may be an amateur piece - night class or even back yard kiln.

Someone else may know more. (Hopefully)

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply