Hi All,

Just read in the paper Aust post, to RAISE PRICES  again, on 31st March,  

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Aust post, To RAISE PRICES again

You can read about them here -

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/pricing-updates.html

approved as you say to start Monday 31st March. Basically the Basic Postal Rate rises from 60c to 70c which of course affects Large Letter Rate. There are a number of changes to Services and Bulk Rate services; and also rises to their own packaging range. The cost of domestic parcels is not rising. This is not a price update that affects International Mail rates.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

gkam2
Community Member

The cost to mail the Click & Send/eBay  BX 1,2 & 4 mailing cartons will not rise but the purchase cost of the cartons themselves is going up according to my friendly local LPO.

If they don't get you one way they will get you another. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

My PO box renewal is $163.00-----big discount of $5..00 if payed by March 30th.

If not payed by that time--they change the lock and hit me for $20.00 for a new key.

Been there -done that.

Hope they use the extra revenue for staff training.

Stop the back room boys using parcels marked -fragile as footballs at brew time........Richo.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Aust Post have price hikes every year, two times a year,  always March/April and   Sept/Oct.

usually one for domestic the other for international

every year, so no big surprise

the big surprise this year of course is standard letter rate from 60c to 70c but thats the first standard letter rate increase for many many years.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@serendipityricho wrote:

My PO box renewal is $163.00-----big discount of $5..00 if payed by March 30th.

If not payed by that time--they change the lock and hit me for $20.00 for a new key.

Been there -done that.

Hope they use the extra revenue for staff training.

Stop the back room boys using parcels marked -fragile as footballs at brew time........Richo.

I live in a large complex, many high-rise towers with similar addresses with lots of potential for mail to go astray. My PO box costs me $107 per year with early discount. $2 per week to ensure safe mail delivery seems like a bargain to me.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Good point Siddie--$3.00 per week is worth it for mail not going astray......Richo.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

There is an increase for domestic parcels.  According to the Aust Post webiste, small parcels up to 500gm will be $7.20 - up from $6.95. 

Parcels over 500gm in the same state will be $9.75 up from $8.95. Interstate costs look like they're rising as well.

cheers.........Margot

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

OUTRAGEOUS increase for a PO Box

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply