Can Somebody Help Please ????

Hello, l was wondering if some kind person could help me with these two small l believe Named Pins/Broaches ?

The First one looks like a Melbourne Higher Education School Emblem.

The Second has no pin across the underside, but on the Front reads,  Sunbeams.   I believe it maybe from the 1930's or 1940's and also is from Victoria.  (Something tells me the Melbourne Sun Newspaper, but l am not sure.)

Thank you in advance.

SANY0325.JPG                                           SANY0327.JPG                     

Image No.1                                                                          Image No.2 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://gingermeggs.com/2014/03/12/a-letter-from-ginger-meggs-to-a-sunbeam/

will answer the Sunbeams badge question. I imagine it is quite collectable.

The cuff link? (hard to tell)  just seems to show the coat of arms of the City of Melbourne - I have souvenir spoons that show the same crest, and I would guess this is just a souvenir item. If it is a cuff link,  the dumb bells do not look a high quality, so it may just be white metal. Whatever it is, if it is only base metal,  it would be quite hard to sell. If it is stamped sterling silver, and the crest has a loop attached and can be detached from the rest of the fitting, then even if you only have half a cuff link set it would have some (quite) small value, as people use them as charms for a bracelet.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

http://gingermeggs.com/2014/03/12/a-letter-from-ginger-meggs-to-a-sunbeam/

will answer the Sunbeams badge question. I imagine it is quite collectable.

The cuff link? (hard to tell)  just seems to show the coat of arms of the City of Melbourne - I have souvenir spoons that show the same crest, and I would guess this is just a souvenir item. If it is a cuff link,  the dumb bells do not look a high quality, so it may just be white metal. Whatever it is, if it is only base metal,  it would be quite hard to sell. If it is stamped sterling silver, and the crest has a loop attached and can be detached from the rest of the fitting, then even if you only have half a cuff link set it would have some (quite) small value, as people use them as charms for a bracelet.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply