Can anyone identify this postmark?

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone can help identify this postmark. I think the second word is Colac in Victoria but I can'r work out the first word.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Debra.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@siddieswans wrote:

So Lake Colac obviously wouldn't work for a 1945 stamp. Myself I'm not convinced it's Colac. No idea what else it might be though.

What about Lake Bolac? - according to wikipedia the Post Office opened on 1 November 1864 and they still have one (post code 3351).

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The only postmark I can come up with ????E COLAC would be LAKE COLAC.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

could it be RAAF Colac?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Or Lake Colac?

Colac /หˆkoสŠlรฆk/ is a small city in the Western District of Victoria, Australia, approximately 150 ... The Post Office opened on 1 July 1848 as Lake Colac and was renamed Colac in 1854
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

So Lake Colac obviously wouldn't work for a 1945 stamp. Myself I'm not convinced it's Colac. No idea what else it might be though.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@siddieswans wrote:

What about Lake Bolac? - according to wikipedia the Post Office opened on 1 November 1864 and they still have one (post code 3351).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks so much everyone I think it is Lake Bolac. It makes sense and it's out that way also. I thought originally it was a capital C but now it looks like a B.

Thanks again

Debra.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply