Controlled Bubbles Glass Bowl Dish

Any comments welcome.

P4240006.JPGP4240009.JPGP4240009.JPG

Any ideas as to who might be the maker? Also has a funny little notch out of the base, as seen in pic 2. Is that a manufacturing flaw or did it fit onto something else.

Is it worth listing?

Thanks muchly Woman Happy

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My opinion only - I don't think this is very old. That bottom finish - trying to look like a polished pontil with a broken "tag" in the centre - is typical of "art glass" from India and China produced in the last 20 years or so. It is trying to look like Murano or Scandinavian. I could well be wrong - does it have the kind of natural bottom scuffing you would expect to find with a vintage piece?

Anyway it doesn't really matter - if it is in good condition, and has "the look" buyers won't really care how old it is, for a decorative piece. The killer could be the postage - I don't know how big it is but if it is a decent size, the postage could be quite expensive. If it is in good condition, and you are prepared to list it fairly cheaply - what do you have to lose?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hi, yes I think you're right re the Indian or Chinese imitation. It doesn't have scuff marks on the base, but has tiny scratches on the surface that show a bit of use.

Re the weight, yes that's a consideration as well. It's over 1kg. I'd have to list it for under $5. It was given to me, so I have no outlay to cover.

I'll see how I go. It's an attractive piece, so I'm tempted to keep it myself. 

But I've got enough stuff around here that I've kept for myself because it didn't sell Woman LOL

Thanks for your advice.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply