Early Australian Pottery? Help Needed Please

I am hoping someone recognises either the style, or the pottery on this vase, I picked it up on a whim because it is a striking piece and it does look like Oz Pottery, but I do not know for sure. It is huge - 45 cms tall, 19 cms diameter, the all over pattern is sharply incised, which is unusual, and the signature is incised as well - "Kirry Art Pottery" and "TB"

I will post another couple of pics in the next post as well.

Many thanks in advance

cheers

Rae

For some reason the photos are not showing up in the post :-(, click on the attachments link at the top of the post please to see them.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Early Australian Pottery? Help Needed Please

Doh! I meant wheel thrown

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

wheel thrown I think Sharon, it is quite heavy, and the design is all hand incised. I am not sure who or what the TB on it is, the Kitty  signature is the same as on other pieces I have googled. Maybe it is the inciser?

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Not sure yet, but " I think " the T.B. could be Tolmino Bellini or was it Tolmino Belucci ?????   Kitty did work / study with him in Monte Lupo c.1958 I believe.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I am wondering where the info on Kitty Breeden is from? I can't find much online

cheers

Rae

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

😄 According to Kitty's daughter-in-law..... Kitty said the TB initials are Theo Beulakker ~~ "he was a Dutch artist who visited and decorated some pottery. "

She was unsure of the exact date though -  ?:|  could have been around 1954 or 1958.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Thanks Hynes, great stuff, your info is much appreciated!  Do you know the family?

cheers

Rae

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Nope Rae - not yet - but working on it 🙂

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Rae n all, lovely vase and colouring. I would have bought it too just for the colours. cheers.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I have a little clog like that could be DUTCH

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply