Genuine Frank Sinatra autograph

My friend has an autograph by Sinatra given by him when he was on tour here in Melbourne

at the Chevron Hotel about 50 years ago.  She was a schoolkid and waited for him backstage and he signed her

autograph book.  She said it's in good condition and perfectly legible. 

Just wondering what value this might be?

Also how would someone get it authenticated as I assume this would be needed before

selling it?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

if yr friend is in melbourne, contact MOSSGREEN auctions in High St,Armidale for guidance on the signature, they deal in all kinds of showbiz autographs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@putney32 wrote:

if yr friend is in melbourne, contact MOSSGREEN auctions in High St,Armidale for guidance on the signature, they deal in all kinds of showbiz autographs

Good advice. You do not have to be in Melbourne to deal with them - you can contact them by email, and if appropriate post the item to them for assessment / consignment for sale.

This is obviously a very fraught area - there are whole web sites devoted to Frank Sinatra autographs - real and fakes. If it was me, I would not be selling an item like this on eBay. Once very early on, I sold what I believed to be a genuine celebrity autograph from the 1940's, with good provenance. The overseas buyer returned the item for a refund, saying it was an obvious fake. What they returned was a photocopy of what I had sold.

If you consign it to a reputable and experienced auction house (like Mossgreen) the burden is passed to them - that is what you pay them commission for.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thanks siddieswans and putney much appreciated.   I will tell her.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply