Hi , I cannot get the ZOOM that enlarges my Photos, does anyone know how to correct this

sirlee58
Community Member

Hi Can anyone help me get the ZOOM on my pics to work again, its the one that enlarges your photos on ebay

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi , I cannot get the ZOOM that enlarges my Photos, does anyone know how to correct this

sirlee58
Community Member

Its the one when you put the mouse on it , it enlarges the pic

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

This is how I understand it. In order to get the Zoom feature to work, your pics have to be the Bay recommended size - that is, at least 500 px on one side. I have had a quick check - one that the Zoom is not working on

AUSTRALIA 1929 HALF PENNY STRONG 8 PEARLS TOP COIN (ZX)

is only 400px ร— 357px. If you are taking with a phone, set the photo to LARGE - I take mine with an ordinary camera - you can adjust the settings from the Menu page; or do what I do and use a RESIZE edit from some free programme like Windows Live Photo Gallery. Use the large or very large re-size. I would be surprised if when you were listing your photos, you did not get an error message from eBay to say that the photos did not meet their minimum standards.

Some of  your listings have the Zoom function working - if you can follow the same procedure, other listings should be OK. You can edit anything that has more than 12 hours (I think) left and if an auction, that has no bids.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@siddieswans wrote:

This is how I understand it. In order to get the Zoom feature to work, your pics have to be the Bay recommended size - that is, at least 500 px on one side. I have had a quick check - one that the Zoom is not working on

AUSTRALIA 1929 HALF PENNY STRONG 8 PEARLS TOP COIN (ZX)

is only 400px ร— 357px. If you are taking with a phone, set the photo to LARGE - I take mine with an ordinary camera - you can adjust the settings from the Menu page; or do what I do and use a RESIZE edit from some free programme like Windows Live Photo Gallery. Use the large or very large re-size. I would be surprised if when you were listing your photos, you did not get an error message from eBay to say that the photos did not meet their minimum standards.

Some of  your listings have the Zoom function working - if you can follow the same procedure, other listings should be OK. You can edit anything that has more than 12 hours (I think) left and if an auction, that has no bids.

Just an update here. Although eBay has been warning of this change to minimum size requirements for some time (you used to get a Warning if you listed an item with photos that were not large enough) it is only in the last week that this size requirement has been enforced. So you cannot LIST a new item with undersize photos. From my own listings, items that roll over automatically, or that you re-list manually without any change, appear to be be getting through OK with undersize photos, but anything that you EDIT in any way that has undersize photos with be blocked from listing. Undersize photos do not work with the Zoom feature.

A very handy free progamme to download is Photoscape. I use it to Crop my photos, and now that this requirement has been enforced I am using their Bulk Editor to re-size - you can set the longest side of any image to 500 which will comply with eBay requirements. I crop each photo individually and save to a new folder, and then use Bulk Editor to convert all photos in the Crop Folder in one operation.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply