Gold Maker's Mark

Does anyone know the maker? Had a Google but could not find quite the same HB. It is on a gold ring. Thanks 🙂

image.jpeg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gold Maker's Mark

What other marks does the ring have? If it has 9ct but no British or other hallmarks it is very likely Hardy Bros, an old established firm of Sydney retailers and jewellers. Page 116 of Australian Jewellers Gold & Silversmiths Makers and Marks (Cavill et al) says "Fine jewellery designed for Hardy Bros and crafted in Australia bore the "HB conjoined" mark registered in 1911."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Gold Maker's Mark

What other marks does the ring have? If it has 9ct but no British or other hallmarks it is very likely Hardy Bros, an old established firm of Sydney retailers and jewellers. Page 116 of Australian Jewellers Gold & Silversmiths Makers and Marks (Cavill et al) says "Fine jewellery designed for Hardy Bros and crafted in Australia bore the "HB conjoined" mark registered in 1911."

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Gold Maker's Mark

My first thought was Hardy Brothers, too. It has the 750 mark. Looking at their marks online they tend to include the Bros so I became doubtful.

Your information would seem to make it quite positive. Appreciate it!

Thank you 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply