HH $2 dollar Australian coins 1988 and 1989

To all you scammers trying to sell these rubbish coins. Do your homework before you go ripping people off.  A worthless coin. So many scam eBay ads and you're all stupid. Truly dumb picking this obviously worthless coin to rip people off with. Luckily Ebay are well aware and will take them down if we report them.

DO NOT BUY THESE COINS. THEY ARE WORTHLESS. 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: HH $2 dollar Australian coins 1988 and 1989

The thing is - Countess - collectors will do their homework.

Especially with coins.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Yes, they definitely should! I canโ€™t imagine forking out a lot of money for a coin without having expert knowledge - or having done the research and getting some expert advice from a disinterested source.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

If it sells then you have successfully scammed someone. Police have already been notified. Everytime I see one. Good luck scamming 

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

This is for all to read. Figure it out dude

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Fishing for a newbie and you blame the newbie. If you sell it at this price then you have successfully scammed someone. Along with the fraudulent wording RARE. You mean the least rarest coin australia has. You're finding reasons why it's OK to scam. Everyone I find gets a police report. Explain it to them

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Must be nice knowing you don't give a **bleep** about scamming someone. All these excuses 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

They're fishing for newbies to the coin game. Copying other scammer posts 

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@peacefulsoul72 wrote:

If it sells then you have successfully scammed someone you mor0n. Police have already been notified. Everytime I see one. Good luck scamming 

He said in truth that it was worth $2.00, that's all.....................

No scam there at all.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Explain why you are abusing and accusing other members?

And having a tantrum at factual replies

Nobody here has listed these coins

Nobody here is responsible for scamming anyone

Nobody is finding reasons why it 'is ok' to list these

Nobody here has supported scammer sellers buy buying said coins

Take it up with those people. People who keep scammers in business 

Nobody here has to explain the listings  you have reported to the police, that is for you do

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@peacefulsoul72 wrote:

If it sells then you have successfully scammed someone you mor0n. Police have already been notified. Everytime I see one. Good luck scamming 

First of all, the opprobrium is not permitted on the boards; the moderators give a bit of leeway in the spirit of characterful freedom of expression and Shakespearean liveliness, but youโ€™ve probably crossed the line here.

Secondly, you have used the term without cause, appear to have misunderstood the substance and form of the post to which youโ€™ve replied, and assumed (the Lord only knows why) that davewil is a seller of the coins about which you are so perturbed.

Youโ€™ve made similar replies to sugar and sandypebbles, and adjured paperjack to โ€œfigure it outโ€. 

Itโ€™s been pointed out that buyers need to be aware of scams and help themselves by not buying out of ignorance. That does not equal โ€œWe approve of scammersโ€ or giving scammers a free pass; itโ€™s merely pointing out the old old adage โ€œCaveat emptorโ€.

No one whoโ€™s posted here is selling these coins or pretending that they are rare.

It has however been pointed out that putting an unrealistic price on an item is not the same thing as scamming someone. A scam would involve misrepresentation as to the itemโ€™s authenticity or brand or function etc. I think itโ€™s a bit of a fine line - but saying that an item is rare (when itโ€™s not) is qualitatively different to saying an item is X when itโ€™s actually Y. Letโ€™s say a seller claims that silver sugar tongs are by Hester Bateman when theyโ€™re actually by an unknown silversmith, or that theyโ€™re solid silver when theyโ€™re silver plated (or just a silver coloured cheaper metal) or a modern reproduction not even of the period โ€ฆ

Do you see what I mean? Those examples are different to a seller listing said silver tongs by Hester Bateman and saying their design by Bateman is incredibly rare and that theyโ€™re worth thousands of pounds. Even a cursory look will show a new inexperienced collector that the design is not extraordinarily rare and will see the average price. Itโ€™s puffery. If done deliberately to fool a potential buyer, it would be foolish and unlikely to get many nibbles; itโ€™s so easily disproved!

I wouldnโ€™t do it myself (if I were a seller) but it wouldnโ€™t get a seller charged with a crime.

Ditto with the coin sellers of the coin youโ€™ve mentioned. 

Clearly this is upsetting you personallyโ€ฆ but that is no excuse for making false accusations and name-calling.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply