Help with identifying another item please

Hello again,

Would any one know anything about these? I literally don't know a thing. I can't tell what they're made of, what era they could be from or what they would even be described as. There's no markings/stamps.

Each is approximately 40cm high and each weighs 1.7kg.

If anyone knows anything at all, including what they could be worth, if anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi arnl,

Being 40cm tall and only weighing 1.7kg I would imagine they are not metal. I don't think they are porcelain either due to the tennis racquet. Porcelain wouldn't allow such a structure. So your next option is resin.

If resin, then they are not old or terribly valuable. Another hint to value is that as you stated they are unmarked therefore most likely mass produced in a mould.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Good tips, thanks bsal.

You're right, they definitely aren't metal or porcelain. I thought maybe resin too. On one, a couple of fingers are missing so you can see the "inside", and it's white. Like a chalk but not flaky if you know what I mean.

Whatever they are, they aren't the most attractive pieces. 😐 I just don't know whether to bother listing them especially when factoring in shipping price.

Anyhow, thanks for replying bsal 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I agree that they are probably resin - tennis players on a tree stump seems like they have cobbled together different molds - I do like how they turn the stump upside down and use that for one of the players.

Ad astra per alia porci — To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you both for your replies.

I ended up listing them and admitting I know nothing about them. They have a bid on them. Only a small amount of money but that's just fine by me. 

Thanks again. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply