I have some comic books, 2 in each sealed plastic wrapper, and a 1973 Star Trek Annual....

5kazam
Community Member

.....is there anyone who could give me an idea of what they may be worth?  (Probably not $much, but at least it would make a little more space around here!!).  Most of what I've seen on eBay comes from the US., and they are single comic books, not 2 to a package, and the Star Trek Annual varies enormously.  

Obviously I'm out of my depth here, and would appreciate any help.  Examples below.

Thanks

Rhonda

2029.JPG2030.JPG2039.JPG

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have some comic books, 2 in each sealed plastic wrapper, and a 1973 Star Trek Annual....

Try searching for

harvey comics 2 pack

in sold items. Yours should be fairly recent as they have bar codes

There are several sold examples for tv 21 1973 annual - obviously top prices go for mint or near mint condition.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.  You are (i) a fountain of knowledge, and (ii) appear to be the only one who can give answers here these days.

Where on earth has everyone gone? But, and I am sure others will agree, your contributions to questions are VERY gratefully appreciated.

I will check out the sold items for the comics, and my TV 21 IS in near mint condition.  Never been read, and very minor 'scuff'' marks on the 4 external corners of the cover.

Thanks once again.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  You are (i) a fountain of knowledge, and (ii) appear to be the only one who can give answers here these days.

Where on earth has everyone gone? But, and I am sure others will agree, your contributions to questions are VERY gratefully appreciated.

I am glad to be able to help where I can – often though it is through Googling rather than any actual knowledge that I may have. Some things I have no idea about (anything Oriental, coins, stamps) (well lots of things really). Ideally when I can’t say anything useful I prefer not to comment but I have discovered that newcomers to eBay seem to think that these Boards are maintained by eBay and can get upset if they think their queries are being ignored.

When I started on eBay overs 12 years ago, this Board was vibrant and full of life, with multiple posts each day and continuing threads, where posters showed off their collections and new acquisitions. For various reasons almost all of these helpful and knowledgeable people have disappeared – you can find them on social media sites if you look. Most were collectors rather sellers – as their buying on eBay decreased some felt that they no longer needed to visit here. Some felt that their robust discussion of eBay items was stifled by eBay Board regulations and left to go somewhere where they could express themselves in an unfettered way. And occasionally (as always) there were some folk whose abrasive responses discouraged conversations.

As I continue to sell on eBay I try to answer queries where I can (though it has been suggested that I “should get a life”.) But I am an older person, with time at my disposal, especially at the moment as I am “on holiday” from selling. And I have a LOT of reference books. Now if only I could find them ....  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I'm sure many others have been told 'to get a life', whether it be put in print, or just thoughts out loud.  I've only been an eBay member since 2008 (I think??) and it took me a couple of years to find the 'boards'.  I used to come here when I had an 'out of my depth' question, but I also enjoyed reading about others collectable pieces and the knowledge imparted in the responses.  Such a shame those people felt they had to go elsewhere.  

But please, keep up your good work.  As said in my previous post - it is much appreciated.  

Oh, and when you say you google a lot - I would have to be the worst googler of all time.  I put in specifics, and get zilch answers.  I post on the Identifying Australian Pottery forum, and I get responses...'I googled this, here is your answer' etc.  The answer never seems to come up for me.  But I keep trying.  I do like to get my own answers if I can, but I'm convinced google doesn't like me!!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply