I won 4 different items and the seller has returned my money via pay pal without any explanation ,

I won 4 x $5 notes and the seller has sent be me a refund without any explanation, should i report. I have sent them several emails and they dont reply .The first incident they withdrew an item i was winning without any explanation , this time it was 4 different $5 notes that I won & paid for 1 day after I won.

Regards Graeme

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I won 4 different items and the seller has returned my money via pay pal without any explanation ,

Sounds like they are not happy with the end price.

You have every right to report them to ebay and leave neg feedback to advise they refunded payment and refused to make contact or complete the sale.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Not good form at all. They at least should have explained why ? As mentioned, leave them the appropriate feedback. That may help them smarten up their act.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Just out of interest wombat, was it a New Seller or someone who should have known better. Not that it makes much difference. Poor form is Poor form.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yes have tried contacting on phone as well but no reply.

thanks ebay have told me they may suspend from selling.

Regards Graeme

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Reasonably new seller but they also removed an item i was bidding on  about a month ago with no contact. It was also a $5 note & they gave me some bull story that they had a family problem & had to remove , the $5 note was never advertised again.

Regards Graeme

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Sounds like it.

Regards Graeme

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Graeme, I have to tell you that eBay won't do a thing about it, apart from giving you a bit of lip service to get you off their backs. Had it been a fairly new seller I'd have suggested that you let them know that what they're doing is against eBay regulations but it's clear to me that they're well aware of that and as a result need to be taught a lesson by way of your leaving them negative feedback. Too many of those and they won't be selling at all.

If they wanted a certain minimum price, they should be using that as their auction starting price, not just refusing to honour winning bids. Far too many sellers are doing this and getting away with it and it needs to be put to a stop.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply